Parents Commute with siblings

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lucia

Proud Parent
Hi! I’m looking for wisdom and fresh ideas from you seasoned parents as to what others have done/do when (young) siblings must accompany the parent on a gym commute. At this time I only have to keep my other children with me one day a week during my gymnast’s practice (just a couple of hours), but I don’t come home b/c of the distance. When she got her new schedule, I planned to optimize the quality time with my other children versus resorting to screens to pass the time (we do minimal screens). But public resources such as museums/libraries etc. are closing early due to Covid, and it’s getting cold at the park! We aren’t strangers to audio books, car-schooling etc. But anticipating gymnastics may only grow in the space it takes up during our week, I want the time to be somewhat special for my others also. And I can’t go broke paying for sitters and expensive activities to pass the time. Thank you for brainstorming with me!

Small puzzles, logic problems, alphabet scavenger hunts, card games/board games, small circuit training stations outside, learn a new language together, kids’ podcasts, treasure hunt (make up little clues and have it lead to a small prize)- I did these all the time for my kids.
Mystery taste— pack some snacks/food in paper bags and see if they can guess what it is without looking.

Small puzzles, logic problems, alphabet scavenger hunts, card games/board games, small circuit training stations outside, learn a new language together, kids’ podcasts, treasure hunt (make up little clues and have it lead to a small prize)- I did these all the time for my kids.
Mystery taste— pack some snacks/food in paper bags and see if they can guess what it is without looking.
Love these, thank you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back