Parents Comp Leos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our first in in mid-December! And yes, we're still waiting with no clue when they'll be in. Pants weren't in from GK in time for the first meet last year, so we ordered several months earlier this year. Hopefully they get here soon.

First meet next weekend and they’ve been told no way it’ll arrive on time. No warm ups either, but they’re supposed to come on Thursday.

Reactions: sce
Ours arrived the day before the first meet (we dont practice that day, so HC went in for an hour to pass them out and took the rest to the meet).

Yah, we got a message that the leotards had arrived that morning and that she would be at the gym from 5-6pm to pass them out for those that could make it.
Better than the year that they were 2 weeks late or even the year that they arrived on Friday at 5pm and she just had to take all of them to the meet (we were getting a new design that year... and new warm ups, so the entire team was getting their stuff at the meet).

All the teams had their first meet already and still no new Leo. Luckily for DD's team, there are no new girls so the team wore last years Leos. The owner had to order a bunch of simple sleeveless Leos for some of the teams. They ordered the Leos months ago. Another meet coming up this weekend and they wont be here in time for that meet either.

Our first meet is Friday (4 days away) and no leos yet. it's just the inhouse/mock meet but it would still be nice if they came in before this meet. The first official meet is the 1st weekend of December.

We try to reuse/resell stuff within the team as much as possible, but this reminded me that the new stuff ordered hasn't arrived. DS needed new pommel pants and no one was selling his size. He had a judge's cup meet where it didn't matter, so he wore a nice looking practice pair. I wonder what's taking so long? It's not like navy blue pommel pants require blinging or anything! (And even considering other items in the order, I don't think anything is custom, so that shouldn't be a holdup.) I'm not going to worry, it's not like I can do anything, but his first meet in January is a big one. Hmm.

And a related question - how is it that he has only grown 1/4" over the last year, but his pommel pants and jeans are all suddenly way too short? It's actually an honest question, I can't figure this one out! No significant weight change, either.

We try to reuse/resell stuff within the team as much as possible, but this reminded me that the new stuff ordered hasn't arrived. DS needed new pommel pants and no one was selling his size. He had a judge's cup meet where it didn't matter, so he wore a nice looking practice pair. I wonder what's taking so long? It's not like navy blue pommel pants require blinging or anything! (And even considering other items in the order, I don't think anything is custom, so that shouldn't be a holdup.) I'm not going to worry, it's not like I can do anything, but his first meet in January is a big one. Hmm.
One year, we ordered "IN STOCK" GK warm Ups with NOTHING added and they took 3+ months to arrive!

I wonder if it just has to do with quantity. A small handful of companies supplying leotards to tens of thousands of teams, all of whom need them at the same time. It has to be so hard to try to take all those orders and get them done.

how do these companies survive ?

Over here there wold be hell to pay if they took longer than 6 weeks for custom orders
This is the question. When I get grouchy the coach asks me to not say anything to the company.

I tell the coach to pay by credit card and dispute the charges. Makes me wild.

We always use the summer leo for our first official meet because comp Leos are never ready.

I have more stories but not worth it. If it were up to me I wouldn't be using GK

We always use the summer leo for our first official meet because comp Leos are never ready.

I have more stories but not worth it. If it were up to me I wouldn't be using GK
It's why we stopped using GK. AF is a little better, as long as we order before the girls are all back from summer breaks, lol. This year, coach didnt require paperwork be returned until Sept. 7.... Then she had to combine all the information and ordered Sept. 8.
First Meet Nov. 4. Gear arrived Nov. 3, so exactly 8 weeks - seems standard in peak time.

Alpha factor has some new Leos that are very nice. They are located 15 from the house. I can throw rocks if anyone needs me too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back