Parents Competed tsuk

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

ValleyGymMom

My daughter competed her tsuk. She had a rough landing, but good height. She landed briefly on her toes then smacked her knees. I couldn't believe she actually got a score for it, but her coach said as long as she does not put her hands down it counts. 8.3 (no place) But she was thrilled to have the chance to compete it. Next year she will have it with no problem.

She started on beam, stayed on, connected bh-bh, nailed back flip, a couple of small balance checks and one small step on dismount. 8.85 2nd place. :D

Floor was good, but she has done better. One little step landing front layout, tiny stumble on a turn, full twist a tiny bit low. 8.7 three way tie for 6th place.

Bars... what can I say about bars? Out of 15 gymnasts, only 1 got a 9, two got 8's and most got 7's and there were even a couple of 6's. I didn't watch many of the other girls so I couldn't really say if they all had a bad day or if the judges were just being hard. :confused:She got a 7.45.

Bars were last and we calculated that if she got at least an 8.1 , she would have had a 34 AA and be in the top 4. That didn't happen. The 1st place winner finished with a 37 AA and 2nd through 8th all had between 34.0 and 34.6. She finished with a 33.3. Not her best by a mile, but still a "decent" day. ;)

State in 2 weeks!!

VGM--I believe the rule on the tsuk and yerchenko is as long as the feet hit 1st, then they get credit for the vault. Obviously, if they fall on their butt or knees(mine has done a great face plant!) then its .5 off for a fall plus whatever other form deductions the judges want to throw in. 8.3 is a good score for the 1st time out. In 2 weeks she'll have more confidence in doing it in a meet setting.

My gymmie has done her tsuk now in 3 meets. 1st time ever stood up, but as she said, "wandered around a little on the mat" and got a 8.75, next meet ate the mat and judges felt her elbows and face hit before her feet, so did a fhs as the 2nd vault and this past weekend it really clicked and got a 8.9---just 1 hop on the landing. 1st place on vault was a 9.1.

This vault is so tough on their ankles and knees. We have a L9 who still has a lingering ankle injury from landing a tsuk short over a year ago.

Tell her congrats from a fellow tsuker who knows her pain!

VGM--I believe the rule on the tsuk and yerchenko is as long as the feet hit 1st, then they get credit for the vault. Obviously, if they fall on their butt or knees(mine has done a great face plant!) then its .5 off for a fall plus whatever other form deductions the judges want to throw in. 8.3 is a good score for the 1st time out. In 2 weeks she'll have more confidence in doing it in a meet setting.

My gymmie has done her tsuk now in 3 meets. 1st time ever stood up, but as she said, "wandered around a little on the mat" and got a 8.75, next meet ate the mat and judges felt her elbows and face hit before her feet, so did a fhs as the 2nd vault and this past weekend it really clicked and got a 8.9---just 1 hop on the landing. 1st place on vault was a 9.1.

This vault is so tough on their ankles and knees. We have a L9 who still has a lingering ankle injury from landing a tsuk short over a year ago.

Tell her congrats from a fellow tsuker who knows her pain!
Thanks for the encouragement, I'll pass it on to her! She did the tsuk first, then she did her half on-half off. They scored her on the tsuk. Because she has been practicing the tsuk so much, she obviously uses much more power, so when she did the half & half, she had so much momentum she took several steps on the landing and nearly ran into the mat that was up against the wall.
By summer's end it will easy for her. Thanks!

Congrats to her for doing her Tsuk in a meet. Vault is the hardest thing for me to watch at the upper levels. I avoided watching the vault, except for our girls, this weekend when we stayed to watch the 8/9/10 session. Saw many landings that freaked me out.

That is a nice solid score for the first time! Sending her lots of feet landing luck for the next meet. :D

Congrats to your dd on landing the Tsuk. My dd's coach has said that these "big" vaults take a good yr of competing to get the kinks worked out. For my dd just this past meet was she able to land all of her warm up vaults and competition vaults, so it has taken about 2 months for that to happen.

And I can assure you that she will get a score with a fall. Dd has vaulted in competition and landed first on knees and 2nd on butt and still got a score (doing Yurchenko) - it was like an 8.1, but she got a score.

GL at States - we're the same States in 2 weeks, just waiting for the age breakout and what session, but do know it will be Sunday 3/29.

Congrats on competing the Tsuk! The difference in the vault between level 7 and 8 is so huge that it is really an amazing accomplishment to be able to compete the level 8 vault! And to score over an 8 the first time?????that is really super, she must be very proud.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back