Competing tumbling/tramp at older age?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
I am 26 years old and I am interested in competing power tumbling, trampoline and double mini. Is this an impossible dream? Is the sport mainly just for people begining at younger ages? I have noticed some older males but not many older females. I don't know what exact level I would be at but I can do many types of flips on the tramp and can tumble pretty well. Right now the double mini kind of scares me, but I'll get over it. So yeah it's not like I would be a flat out beginner or anything. So what do you think?

Aerialriver

People do it in womens artistic, so I'm sure it happens in TNT as well. If they put you in an age group that was just "18 and up" or something, people probably wouldn't even notice.
I'm pretty sure there was a lady on the 2007 National Team who was in her late 20s or early 30s as well. So I would say go for it!

Its not that uncommon. Here in Australia there are frequent adult competitions for Trampoline. Definatly not an impossible dream.

My dd just switched from WAG to T&T. The T&T coach & I had a long talk bout it before she started, as he wanted to kind of 'orient' me to the sport.

One of the things he said, was that this type of gymnastics carries with it a lot more longetvity, over artistic. He said there was a guy that won worlds, in the past few years, who was in his 40's, and that you do see a lot more adults participating in it.

So go for it, and have fun!!:)

I know a power tumbler that has been to worlds at the age of 28. So no it is not impossible. I wish you the best of luck!

Trampoline definetly has a future for people of all ages until their bodies can't handle the competitive nature of the skills. In terms of keping on with the sport outside of competition I know people in their fifties who are still very much into it and love going to the gym still.

I agree-my daughter has just started taking a team prep T&T class while we finish out the season in WAG. Her coach is great- she is 38 and still competes. I say go for it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back