Parents Competition Hairstyles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

priljune

that is almost exactly how i do my dd's hair for gymnastics ... cute! I sometimes do it with a low pony/braid and a split on the side, or I do one on each side except I just pull it through the pony holders:D I use a spray gel & a fine tooth comb to comb out the wispies -my dd's hair is also down to her waist. tx for sharing your pics.

Long hair is the toughest. My youngest has shorter hair and I can have it ready in no time but this long hair can be a challenge. You get it up and Pray that it stays up.

here are pics of the other way I fix long hair. This one is my favorite way.
IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

let me try to explain fishscales.. if it don't work for you let me know... First you divide the hair into two equal parts, take a small part of hair off the outside of the right half and cross over top of right half and add to left half. Take small part of hair off the outside of the left half and cross over top of left half and add to right half and keep on going. It will be hard to keep tight at first but after crossing over a few times it will be tight. Once you have that figured out you can start trying to start it like you would a french braid. Part hair from ear to ear and divide but this time instead of taking hair from each half just take it from the hair still hanging down til you have all the loose hair added then continue with the pattern taking from each half. Let me know how it goes.

Wow, that looks awesome! My dd wants her hair that long, too. :eek: It's now just below her shoulders. How long did it take you to braid that? More pics, please!! :)

It took me about 10 min but when I'm fixing it for comp. I take a little more time using gel and making sure it's good and tight.

Just did the fishscales too! No pics, but hopefully soon since the season is now in full swing.

I would love to see a pic of the fishscales too. If anyone has a good pic of a hairstyle with all the rubberbands, that would also be wonderful. Those hairstyles look so nice!

I was just looking for the pics I had posted of the fishscales. I'm not sure what happened to them, but they seem to be gone. I'll try to post some more.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back