Complusory grades

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lss17

Proud Parent
Hi is anyone watching the scores coming in for complusory 2&1. Theres a lot of passes and high scores.

Yep done now. Most passed I think? But then with low numbers anyway if lots failed we'd have no espoirs next year!

I was hoping to see the eyof triallists scores, but they don't seem to be on. According to Twitter Maisie methuen won.

I was looking at the results for the L2 out of age and there are 6 clubs who entered gymnasts but only results for 4 gymnasts, what happened to the other two?

The start list is of everyone who entered, but the deadline for entries was a few weeks ago, so there have been withdrawals in and out of age since then - some for injury and some because they weren't considered ready. At least one girl was injured in warm up, but she was in age. Don't know about the out of age ones specifically.

Were you there then flossy? Is your dd still doing compulsories? She'll be in age l2 this year won't she?

Don't seem to have heard from you in ages :)

We don't have a computer at home, weird I know! We haven't had one since my son went away to uni and took it with him nearly two years ago. We seem to manage, although the school find it a bit strange! They have a lunchtime club for kids from computer free homes, so that they can do their homework. My phone isn't fancy enough to make going online pleasant. So I can only really get on chalkbucket when I'm in one of the offices I work in, or taking the work laptop away with me, or visiting family/friends as we are now. I do like to check in and catch up, but I don't really feel I have a lot to say anymore, or that I can say without giving too much away.
But yes, she's still doing compulsories and going through a good patch at the moment - making fast progress and injury free at the moment- yay. She's very happy:)

Compulsory 2 is 50 Compulsory 1 is 48.

Interesting that the pass mark for compulsory 1 is lower. I wonder if they will raise it when the standard goes up. Hardly anyone scored under 50 even this year.

My fact finding for today .

18 girls competed in compulsory 1 this weekend.
Just over a half (11) competed at Compulsory 4 national finals.
Just under a half (7) have come in later from Compulsory 3
Only 11 of the 64 girls who competed at Compulsory 4 national finals made it to Compulsory 1 in age. Oooh that is small.

What does this all mean.... discuss LOL.

Only 11 of the 64 girls who competed at Compulsory 4 national finals made it to Compulsory 1 in age. Oooh that is small.

I know what you mean its much the same for comp 2 with only 26 competing, probably 1 0r 2 out due to injury and an injury sustained on the day. Think British gymnastics are only interested in the very cream of the crop and the requirements have gotten harder over the years and this does whittle down the girls able to compete at these levels making the numbers smaller. Its a shame as the cream of the crop will always be there its the gymnasts who hover just under the surface that can loose out sometimes.

I worry that we are narrowing the field too early. This time last year the new juniors looked very exciting, there were 6 or 7 all on track for 2016, plus current seniors meant we had a big choice.

This year the field was far smaller. Catherine Lyons by herself. Injuries to a few other contenders.

The espoir field isn't too exciting either, so who knows how 2020 will go.

I have known lots of kids capable of passing at least l5/l4 in age. Clubs don't seem want to put any other than exceptional kids into compulsories though. I can see their point, high hours, high investment to reach the standard in age. They have to focus on the select few.

Interesting .... Are the stats any different if you look at previous years?

Yes it was Drew - had an operation on elbow after comp

Oh no hope she recovers soon! Any idea why Amanda Cook didn't compete, she did her regionals? Wonder if she is injured too.

I also just realised that Sasha King from that year group emigrated to Australia last year and is a WAIS gymnast now. You can follow her journey to try and represent Australia here.

https://www.facebook.com/SashaKingWAIS?fref=ts

Interesting .... Are the stats any different if you look at previous years?

hm well only the year before to look at for compulsory 1 but 65 in that year went to compulsory 4 nationals. 9 of those were are compulsory 1. The other 6 from compulsory 1 (15 total) must have come in later.

Although some of those I think passed compulsory 4 but didn't go to nationals. So might be more interesting to look at the regional results to see rather than the national results.

Brilliant that 2 gymnasts came 50 and 51 at compulsory 4 (Taeja and Maisie) made it in age! Sad that only 3 of the top 20 from compulsory made it to compulsory 1 in age and only one of the top 10 (Erika). Doesn't that just emphasise the marathon not a sprint thing.

One day I would like to write a paper looking at the gymnasts who make it right through to the British Seniors with decent scores looking for correlations. Are there pathways/ lifestyles/ training styles/ etc etc that are more successful in the long run. But would involve me winning the lottery.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back