conditioning ????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gym-monkey

if i did x amount of conditioing between today sunday til thursday would i be able to get my up around a fairly LOW bar and perhaps my back hip circle ???????what should x amount of conditioning be ???
thanks
xxx

Probably not. You would just end up overtraining. Gaining strength takes time and is a gradual process.

back hip circle

Hi gym-monkey. With your back hip circle, it is my opinion that just keep your arms straight your hips high. Start with small casts and build up to cast to horizontal. But remember always keep your arms straight and do not drop your hips or your shoulders. Just keep practicing and it will come when you least expect it.

Don

A back hip circle is also more about timing and technique than pure strength. You don't have to be *that* strong to do the skill if you have good technique. Keep trying - you'll get it!

Probably not. You would just end up overtraining. Gaining strength takes time and is a gradual process.

Exactly. Back hip circles take time and practice. While gaining strength is very important, you don't want to injure yourself with over training. I usually just keep doing them repeatedly until I get it. There will come a day when you get it, and then you'll have it all the time(or most of the time:rolleyes:). It takes a lot of paitence, and I know that can be frustrating, but that's really a key part of gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back