conditoning

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnerd11

we had the worst conditiooning last week

we had to do like 16 and count down wich ='s 136 and tt means we had to do 136 push ups sit ups handstands and we after all tt they made us do 2 handstands for 2 to 3 minutes:eek:

What level are you? Personally, I like conditioning so no sympathy here.:p

I hate those count down things... my coach has a really horrible conditioning set she gives us when we annoy her. Its like a circuit and depending on how much we annoy her, it can be an hour up to the full practice.

You do five minutes push ups, five minutes chin ups, five minutes running, five minutes leg ups, five minutes paralettes, five minutes skipping and whatever else she decides to put in for as long as she wants. And God help you if you stop for a breath in that five minutes... :(

I guess it goes without saying we dont annoy her much :D!

My coach used to have all these different conditioning "Games". We had one called marathon (which took up the whole gym)--we'd be in partners and while one partner did an exercise (there were 4 different exercises--15 of the exercise the first time around and 25 of it the 2nd lap) the other partner had to jog, then while once the partner was finished the exercise they had to run a lap around the gym and while they were running around the gym the other partner had to do sprints on the floor.

There was also TumbleTrak strength, which consisted of doing step ups, pushups, ab hold, etc on the tumbletrak.

Pyramid: consisted of runing shuttle runs (suicides) across the floor and those were timed and we had to "beat the clock"---it would be 4 laps of shuttle runs then a series of pushups (done to the coach's count and pyramid style (1,2,3,4,3,2,1--sometimes up to 5). Then 3 laps of shuttle run and abs, 2 laps and legs, then 1 final lap.

Serpentine (really hard to explain without showing) but it consisted of running zigzags across the floor then sprinting done the sides in laps (2,4,6,8,7,5,3,1) with laps 2 and 1 being power jumps. After the various numbers of laps there were arm, leg, and stomach exercises--25 reps.

Sprints--we had to sprint laps on the floor (down and back) and beat the clock. We'd start with 8 laps, then 7, then 6, etc.

Geez, I could go on forever with conditioning "games" that we'd do, but I enjoyed conditioning so it's all good. One thing I liked was the fact that many times my coach would be looking for quality work, and if he liked how you were performing the exercises he'd let you be done while everyone else had to keep going.

I don't really mind conditioning. We do lots of abs like everyday, so thats not bad. Saturday practices are endurance so we run and jump in place. Not bad unless you have to go to the bathroom really bad, so then we are all like crossing our legs and trying to do jumping jacks!

Then on vault we do mountain climbers and all those things. Hard to explain but they are like for your legs... Then we do speed jumping jacks. They aren't that bad unless you are already like limping after all the other conditioning! Then we do sucicudes and then you have to do a straight jump onto the vault like landing standing up. It isn't hard but like when you are coming from a full out run( or trying too) you really have to be tight!

I like bar conditioning actually because I have strong arms! HAHA!

SO yeah when the coaches get crazy we all like are sooo dead at the end of the practice but not that much! <3

My L8 guy loves rings conditioning, and often asks if he can start conditioning early.

I like conditioning, too. When I wake up sore the next morning, it serves as a reminder of what a great workout I had the night before.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back