WAG Congrats to Region 5!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How are the Super Teams determined?

The top 7 girls from regionals make up the super team for each region, although some girls compete for other regions because the smaller regions don’t have enough girls in each age group to fill their teams.

Region 5 squeaked out a win by 1 point over Region 8 at Easterns!!
I have been away and completely forgot about national competitions! Do you mean a full point 1.0? That's not squeaking by. That's huge! If it's 0.1, then I am with gagymmom and want a recount!

Congrats to R5 regardless!!

I have been away and completely forgot about national competitions! Do you mean a full point 1.0? That's not squeaking by. That's huge! If it's 0.1, then I am with gagymmom and want a recount!

Congrats to R5 regardless!!

I mean a point in the points competition...not an actual gymnastics point. I will be the first to admit I do not know how points are awarded though.

Each age groups team winner is determined by using the top four scores on each event from the seven gymnasts on each Regional team(like most team competitions at meets). The Super team winner is determined by giving 4 points for winning an age group, 3 for 2nd,2 for 3rd, 1 for 4th.(if one of the Regions doesn't have a full team it's 3 pts for 1st, etc) Here is the results:

Oh wow had no idea about the super team thing. Thanks for posting those links. It was rrrreally close especially when compared to the difference between the other two regions!

The top 7 girls from regionals make up the super team for each region, although some girls compete for other regions because the smaller regions don’t have enough girls in each age group to fill their teams.
No, they meant the super team to determine which region won overall.

I have to add that Region 8 won 9 age groups....Wow! Impressive totals! The difference was that Region 5 had more 2nds and 3rds, giving them the win.:cool:

And congrats to Region 4 for hanging tough with Region 3 at Westerns! Although we may not have the quantity of gymnasts that other regions do, the quality seems to be there. The 4 gymnasts that competed at Westerns from our team all scored at least one full point higher in the all around than their previous best! Region 4 judging has been tough this year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back