Coaches Connection on floor for US Women's JO

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I believe they must be a C-D skill level connection or greater (D-D, D-E, etc) for tumbling I believe that's how it works. For dance, I'm not quite sure. I may be wrong; I'll have to ask if I can at work tonight. Do you have a particular level in mind?

Direct Connection:

A+C .1
B+B .1
B+C .2
A+A+C .1
A/B +D .2
A+A+D .2
C+C .2

Indirect Connection
C+C .1
A+D .1
C+D .2

this is pretty much from memory but I'm pretty sure they are all correct. Skills that are really needed for bonus in 8/9/10 are whips, whip halfs, front layouts both hollow and tight arch.

If you need ideas for tumbling passes hit me up.

I didn't know you recieved bonus for A+C, B+B skills--as a level 8-10 you don't recieve bonus on beam for doing two backhandsrpings (B+B). I'm pretty sure you have to connect B+C, B+D, C+C, C+D, D+D, etc. Now I'm really starting to wonder myself--I'll have to ask tonight. I could also be thinking of skills that used to be C's that are now B's (when I think of bonus I usually think of skills first them the letter values).

Last edited by a moderator:
Another question (this one is more for my own curiosity, since I don't have any girls who would be able to do this anytime soon): can direct and indirect connections be compounded?

For example, suppose a girl did back 3/2 twist, front layout, front 3/2 twist. That's C + B + C. Would she just get the two B+C connections, or would she also get the indirect C+C connection on top of that?

I didn't know you recieved bonus for A+C, B+B skills--as a level 8-10 you don't recieve bonus on beam for doing two backhandsrpings (B+B)

those are the floor bonus, I would have to actually look at the code for beam if you want those.

For example, suppose a girl did back 3/2 twist, front layout, front 3/2 twist. That's C + B + C. Would she just get the two B+C connections, or would she also get the indirect C+C connection on top of that?

yes

Cool! Thanks CoachL for clearing that up! Now I must wonder why I didn't recieve more bonus when I did gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back