Cookies!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey everyone. I can't afford gymnastics and I sell cookies to pay for it. I was wondering if anyone had any simple, but good recipes, or ideas, or anything along those lines to kinda help me out. I already sell killer peanutbutter cookies (i know, i know, bragging is very rude.. im sorry).

And.... What is your favorite cookie?

GRACIAS!! (oooooohh... spanish) :cool:

Well I'm no baker, so I can't help you with recipes, but you can never go wrong with some chocolate chip cookies!

Snickerdoodles are the best!! They are an old cookie that not too many may know today but they are to die for. Best of all they are one of the cheapest to make.

• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
• 1 large egg
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
• 4 Tablespoons granulated sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1 cup sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well blended. Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer, and stir in remaining flour.

Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.

Combine the 4 tablespoons sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat

Place balls of dough 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until edges are beautifully golden.

Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool

and ENJOY!!

Kitchen Sink Cookies

Named as they have everything in them, you can also add other stuff just for fun.

Makes about 4 dozen
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup sweetened flake coconut
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with Silpat baking mats or parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl with a wooden spoon, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar together until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Stir in vanilla.
  3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir into butter mixture until well blended. Add oats, chips, coconut, raisins, and walnuts, and stir until well blended.
  4. Drop batter by heaping tablespoons or with a 1 ounce ice-cream scoop onto silpat about 2 inches apart. Press tops down with the bottom of a glass to flatten cookies evenly. Bake until golden, about 16 to 18 minutes. Cool on pan for 2 minutes. Remove from pan, and finish cooling completely on wire rack.

no bake cookies are amazing!!! i dont really know the recipe but i dont think that they are too hard to make^^

I love to bake! Especially when I find a recipe for a tasty treat that is slightly healthier, or playing around with some of my favorites to make them that way. Here is one I found recently from the Cooking Light website (I think), I just changed the regular flour to whole wheat and they were a big hit.

Better for you Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/8 tsp Salt
3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Large Egg
2 oz. Dark Chocolate, Chopped (chocolate chips work fine!)

Preheat oven to 350
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, whisk until blended.
Beat sugar and butter in a large bowl at medium speed until well blended. Beat in vanilla and egg. Add flour, beating at low until just combined.
Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for for 10 minutes until cookies just begin to brown.
Makes about 25 cookies.

Last edited:
OH NO Healthy Choc Chip cookies - Thats like eating sugar free cake. If I'm going to eat a cookie I want all the calories it has to offer LOL

This is my favorite cookie. Chocolate Crinkles.

Ingredients

• <LI class=plaincharacterwrap>1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder <LI class=plaincharacterwrap>2 cups white sugar <LI class=plaincharacterwrap>1/2 cup vegetable oil <LI class=plaincharacterwrap>4 eggs <LI class=plaincharacterwrap>2 teaspoons vanilla extract <LI class=plaincharacterwrap>2 cups all-purpose flour <LI class=plaincharacterwrap>2 teaspoons baking powder <LI class=plaincharacterwrap>1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar

Directions

1. In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into one inch balls. I like to use a number 50 size scoop. Coat each ball in confectioners' sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.
Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 58 | Total Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 12mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database
Nutritional Information
Chocolate Crinkles II
Servings Per Recipe: 72
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 58
  • Total Fat: 2g
  • Cholesterol: 12mg
  • Sodium: 34mg
  • Total Carbs: 9.8g
  • Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
  • Protein: 0.9g

You can make really easy cookies with cake mix, haha. I do it when I need to bake in a hurry. Just mixa 14oz box of chocolate cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of diced nuts OR more chocolate chips. Refridgerate while the oven is heating. Then form into balls (about an inch in diameter) and flatten on a greased baking tray. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean. They should still be a little gooey.

OH NO Healthy Choc Chip cookies - Thats like eating sugar free cake. If I'm going to eat a cookie I want all the calories it has to offer LOL
I usually have similar thoughts, but when you bake as much as I do you need to make some changes occasionally to keep from turning into a blimp! And they aren't exactly healthy, just less bad haha. I have tons of yummy full calorie cookie recipes too, I'll post one of those later tonight when I'm at home.

A package of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix. Add 1 teaspoon Almond extract and 1 bag of dried cherries. Easy and delicious

I think some Gymnast shaped Gingerbread Cookies for the Holiday season would be cool. Not that I know how to bake them. :)

Cher, I just tried your recipe for snickerdoodles and they are delicious! Thanks for the recipe, it's definitely a keeper!

Along with selling cookies you could demonstrate some gymnastics skills to earn some money and call it something like, "Flips for tips"!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back