Corona poll

Has anyone had Covid 19?

• Yes, I have.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Yes, my gymnast has.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Someone in my home besides me/my gymnast has.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Yes, but I was asymptomatic.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I haven’t.

Votes: 81 95.3%

• Total voters

GAgymmom

Proud Parent
Judge
Oct 25, 2010
Country
USA
I thought it would be interesting to get some real numbers and information. I assume this is anonymous. If this isn’t allowed, I understand it will be locked.

Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

Aussie_coach

Moderator/Coach
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Club Owner
Jan 4, 2008
Country
Australia
I have never heard of anyone I know having Corona.

JessSyd

Proud Parent
Oct 10, 2013
Sydney Australia
Country
Australia
3770 people in my (aus) state of 7.5 million people have had covid in the past six months. It probably is not surprising that I do not know any of them.

A kid at one of my daughters’ schools had it in April, but that is as close as it has come to us. And I had withdrawn my kids from school by that point anyway.

Members of my family have been tested, but it has come back negative.

It is so hugely contagious though that it is only a matter of time, I am sure.

amiandjim

Former Gymnast
Proud Parent
Apr 18, 2015
Country
USA
I voted no, which is true of myself and my household, but both my husband’s parents had it, and his uncle passed away from Covid-19.

JessSyd

Proud Parent
Oct 10, 2013
Sydney Australia
Country
Australia
Oh no ladybird! Best wishes for super-mild or asymptomatic cases for everyone. Or better still, a very mild case for your daughter and nobody else in the family testing positive.

ladybird

Proud Parent
Dec 5, 2012
Country
USA
Oh no ladybird! Best wishes for super-mild or asymptomatic cases for everyone. Or better still, a very mild case for your daughter and nobody else in the family testing positive.
Thanks! She had a mild headache is all but we didn’t know if that “counted.” The only reason we got our dd tested is she had a a confirmed exposure and she was supposed to attend a small camp this weekend.

Reactions: JessSyd

gymgal

Proud Parent
Aug 22, 2008
Country
USA
Can poll be edited? If so, maybe the last one should state "No one in my household" since the ones above talk about household and then add "I don't know of anyone who has tested positive"

I would be the last one. I still do not know anyone personally who has tested positive, though I have heard of cases in friends-of-friends. Also, back in jan/feb, my d knew students at her collage who had similar symptoms but without widespread testing at that time, it is hard to know.

profmom

Proud Parent
Nov 18, 2011
Region 7
Country
USA
No one in my household has had it, but I have a few friends who have. One, an active, healthy academic and runner, had it in April and is now finally able to run a few miles at a time. A few of my students had it too. They were sick for a few weeks but seem to have recovered fully. I don't personally know anyone who has died, but I'm one degree of separation from at least three people who did.

moogacat

Proud Parent
Nov 1, 2018
Country
USA
I know multiple people who have had it, and some subset of that group have died. And our state has not been hit particularly hard.

FlippinPrincess

Proud Parent
Aug 22, 2016
Country
USA
I only have one friend who has had it but she lives in Arizona. No family or friends near me. My husband's company has been open the entire time and has not had 1 positive case.

fuzi

Coach
Coach
Former Gymnast
Gymnast
Judge
May 28, 2009
Region I
Country
USA
I haven't had it - or at least not been diagnosed with it. I was ill in January/February with quite similar symptoms and the research is showing it was circulating in my area of the country at the time, so who know?

But I know plenty of people who have tested C19+, including an ex and his toddler and grade schooler, a friend in her early 40s, another friend in her mid 30s, my Teaching Assistant from last term and her partner and teenage child, and a favorite professor and her teenage daughter. Most are doing okay after three-four weeks of feeling awful. One friend in her mid-30s is dealing with MANY health effects that have lasted four months now.

novagymmom

Former Gymnast
Proud Parent
May 19, 2020
Country
USA
Thanks! She had a mild headache is all but we didn’t know if that “counted.” The only reason we got our dd tested is she had a a confirmed exposure and she was supposed to attend a small camp this weekend.
So glad that you got her tested and are able to keep her quarantined to help control spread. I hope she continues to just have a mild case and recover quickly and the rest of the family stay healthy.

Reactions: ladybird

OrchidZ

Former Gymnast
Proud Parent
May 4, 2018
Country
USA
No one in my household has had it that we know of, but we have known some who have had it (some officially tested positive, a few presumptives). I've had a few friends test positive and recover. My husband works with people all around the country of varying ages. Several he knows have had it. Many have recovered, but 6 have died so far this year.

Madden3

Proud Parent
Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
GAgymmom, I wonder if you can you add a box to check if you or anyone in family/household was tested, and test was negative?

Reactions: GAgymmom
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!