Gym status: Is your gym ...

• Open as usual for team and recreational gymnasts

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • Open for team only

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Closed

Votes: 90 86.5%

• Total voters
So our gym is closed, but the coaches are doing privates like crazy! I am not sure why, but it bothers me to no end that I have paid my tuition
( a very hefty one at that ) and the coaches are in there doing privates and are saying since everything has been cancelled its time for upgrades! ugh.. i hate all of this.
That's very upsetting. We were not offered a credit for March, which I understand, but if they did privates at an extra charge right now, I would be ticked off. I wish the gym offered two privates a week, for the rest of March since we paid already. Not a great way to retain families, in my opinion.

So our gym is closed, but the coaches are doing privates like crazy! I am not sure why, but it bothers me to no end that I have paid my tuition
( a very hefty one at that ) and the coaches are in there doing privates and are saying since everything has been cancelled its time for upgrades! ugh.. i hate all of this.
We have a cheer gym here that I know is still doing privates and one of the gymnastics gyms in town is most likely offering them as well. That’s ridiculous and kind of defeats the purpose of closing the gym. Grrr. :mad:

That's very upsetting. We were not offered a credit for March, which I understand, but if they did privates at an extra charge right now, I would be ticked off. I wish the gym offered two privates a week, for the rest of March since we paid already. Not a great way to retain families, in my opinion.
Right? I agree 100% it really makes me mad! It's wrong is what i do know!

We have a cheer gym here that I know is still doing privates and one of the gymnastics gyms in town is most likely offering them as well. That’s ridiculous and kind of defeats the purpose of closing the gym. Grrr. :mad:
I agree, if you're closing the gym then close it to everyone! I mean to me it is preying on parents that feel freaked out about their kids not able to get into the gym so they spend MORE money to get their kids in the gym for privates! not cool!

@Flicfliclay are gyms and fitness centers closed by a mandatory order? They are here in CA and I'm sure they will be soon by you. I would be so mad if privates were going on at my daughter's gym. Is the gym just open after the private then? I can't see how working on something in a private would work that well if you couldn't practice it.
So no things are not closed here, well i take that back as of today they closed dine in eateries, bars, and "gyms".. although it doesn't specify what kind of gyms.. I agree about the privates and being about to keep doing them.. if i had to guess some parents are doing several a week at $60+ a pop.

I haven’t read the thread yet. We’re In NY. Last Thursday they canceled Friday, Monday and Tuesday practice and our Meet that weekend (NJ) was canceled.This Monday they canceled practice indefinitely.

Well schools and gyms are still open in Australia. But they have introduced new laws, limiting the number of people in a space. You need a 4 metre square space for each person. That doesn’t mean they have to be that far away from each other, but the amount of floor space you have in a room determines the amount of people you are allowed to let in.

So it really only affects gyms with very small buildings, and there aren’t too many. So most gyms are still going strong.

In NY gyms include gymnastics facilities, so that is that. I'm learning that my dd who is super structured when balancing school, gym, hw, etc. is not so much when there is too much time to do everything. I am becoming the school work and conditioning nag. Sigh.

We are all closed down now in UK.
Both mine have been ill so we are in self isolation. I think it is a better than even chance they have both had it, him mildly, her slightly worse but now ok. Unfortunately no testing unless hospitalised so we can’t be sure.
DD only recently returned to trampolining and hadn’t been able to do her other sports or any exercise for almost a year because of injuries, she is so motivated running midday fitness classes for her friends on FaceTime and Jumping at every chance to walk or cycle.
DS is used to 20+ hours of training per week and is mr unmotivated, I managed to get him out on the bike today for an hour but that’s all he has done in over a week. No idea how to motivate him to do anything. I don’t want to push anything with him though as he has just realised he might not see his class again and probably won’t get any of the leavers events his school do before they go to senior school.
I really feel for all the children who are moving or leaving schools , it is so sad for them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back