Could use some luck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
Hi All -

I just got the meet schedule for DD's first spring season meet. She is competing as Rookie 1 for the first time. She competed L3 in the fall and will compete L4 next fall. Anyway, she goes at 8:00 am (WHY do they do that?) Sunday morning.

As many of you know she missed 2 months due to a fractured growth plate in her wrist. This week leading up to the meet will only be her 3rd week back to full practice since the injury. She is doing pretty well and knows her routines. I would just really like a few fairies on stand by (especially vault).

I am just proud of her. She really had a hard time w/ the injury and is so happy to be back to full steam. I just hope that she is not expecting too much of herself. We have explained to her that she missed two full months of practice (she could only do leaps, turns and jumps and conditioning that did not involve her arm) and that she will be competing against girls that did not miss gym time. She says she understands, but she is very competitive.

Is there a " I am happy with my performance because I gave it my all " fairy?

Thanks to all who have been so supportive through the injury and I will update you on Sunday w/ her results.

Sometimes time off does them good, although they usually hate it! It makes them refreshed. At least she should have beautiful turns and leaps!

Good luck. I hope she does well AND is happy with her performance!

Sending her all the best luck fairies we have and also a little happy tale.

A girl in our club broke her fingers (playing Wii bowlinbg of all things) she took time off and then went on a two month tour of Europe with her family, she came back did one practice and her meet was the next day, well she did the best floor routine that she ever did that day, we were all so dumbstruck. She said "I was just so excited to be able to compete and do my routines again!" You just never know how much a "break" can help. Though please move back from the furniture when playing Wii, those virtual sports can be painful!!!

Good luck to your DD! I agree with Bog. Similar situation on our team. Little gal out sick...really sick..for about two months. She came back and was sharper then ever. So, sending all kinds of good luck fairies! Good luck to mom too, I am sure this is going to be a tense meet for you! Take care!

Sending lots of luck off to your DD!!! Wishing her a great meet!!! I know it was so difficult for her just doing condition & not being able "to do it all" for so long, while she healed. She is such a trooper!!! Hope she has a great meet & really enjoys herself!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back