WAG Cover Girl Classic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We are hoping the Junior Nationals will be shown on the internet tomorrow as we have a gymnast at our gym who is in it. :) Her bars are awesome!!

Thanks all for sharing the videos and info. Will be rooting for jr. Ashley Foss from NJ! Looking forward to watching the seniors especially all those making a come back- should be good :)

Looking good!
We don't get Universal Sports on TV but they will be playing the seniors online, I've already told everyone I will be busy from 8:00 on. haha.
I can't wait!

We are hoping the Junior Nationals will be shown on the internet tomorrow as we have a gymnast at our gym who is in it. :) Her bars are awesome!!

Universal sports is only showing the seniors. I would love to see some of the juniors too! Gymnastike is also there, so that may be the only way to get some updates. Yesterday, they weren't allowed to tape the juniors podium training.

Oh, not fair! :( We are hoing the live scoring works. They do have the jrs score sheets up, but no scores yet.:) Fingers crossed for a fun and safe meet for all involved. :)

I agree Optionals! I think everyone did good, it was kind of rough but it was the first meet! (just like Alicia said when she was being interviewed) I love summer so I can watch all the elite meets!!

Just loved watching the meet on Universal Sports. Anyone know why Mattie Larson didn't compete?

My favorite part was when they showed Sophina DeJesus compete on beam. Even though my DD quit the sport, she loved seeing her former teammate on TV.

I was so impressed with Chellsie! She looked great and seemed so calm. Shawn looked good too, hopefully she will improve for Nationals.

It was suprising to hear that one of the gymnasts (was it Sophia?) toured with Elton John for two years and came back to gym, that sounds like fun, she must have been very young on the tour.

I totally missed Sophia's BB and can't find it online. She's such an amazing dancer (I could see her fitting in 100% with Miss Val at UCLA!) but sometimes her tumbling is a little off. I watched her two meets so far in 2011 on youtube and she really struggled on beam. No falls but lots of big wobbles and just fighting to stay on. She brings a lot of fun to her routines and I love watching her. Hope she was able to get her BB routine down though more!

Just loved watching the meet on Universal Sports. Anyone know why Mattie Larson didn't compete?

Larson has already qualified for the VISA's in August. If they have already qualified they don't have to compete at Classics although some do.

I loved seeing the competition, I tuned in from Ireland at 1am - it was brilliant. I really enjoyed it!

Questions on results listed on USAG site

Please forgive me if these are stupid questions, but here they are:

Why are only two vaulters listed in the Senior Events results? Didn't DeZiel's vault get third place?

The Hopes 11 girs are listed twice (under both Hopes 11 and Hopes 12). Were there Hopes 12 at the event? Where are their results?

I thought the Universal Sports coverage (streamed online) was so-so. Vault coverage was lacking unless I missed something. The coverage seemed really focused only the bigger names, and some of the higher (top 8 or so) scoring routines seemed to bee totally missing?? I enjoyed watching it, but I think the coverage was really geared toward this being just a "practice" meet and the actual scores/results were downplayed so much that they almost were a nonissue in the coverage. It had me wishing I had done a roadtrip to watch, because the the coverage left me with a bit of a yawn.. I think they missed some good stories/gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back