CPN

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hawaii_gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
I know it is kind of late as meet season had started but I was cleaning out my email and realized that I have a copy of the CPN main charts, I know lots of parents were wondering about exact requirements so if you want to know still I may be able to help you out.
And from know on I will be given this information so next year maybe I can help a little bit earlier.

I know it is kind of late as meet season had started but I was cleaning out my email and realized that I have a copy of the CPN main charts, I know lots of parents were wondering about exact requirements so if you want to know still I may be able to help you out.
And from know on I will be given this information so next year maybe I can help a little bit earlier.

Oh my gosh yes! Please!

What do you think the best way to share it is? I have it in pdf form, not on a website at all.
It also says to be circulated by email only not posted on a website.

Yeah that changes things. I do not get the big secret about it, but clearly you could get in trouble for posting it online. I suggest anyone who wants a copy PM you.

I can't figure out how to send a PM! I would like to receive it though (if possible).

I do know of one thing I would like to clarify for P3 beam- it says you need a BACKWARDS and SIDEWAYS/FRONTWARDS skill. I interpreted this to mean a bwd skill and either a fwd or sdw. However my coach thought it meant I needed all three, therefore I compete BHS, BWO-FWO connection (it's only connected because I'm scared of FWO by itself) and RO-BT dismount. As far as acro, wouldn't I just need BHS and RO-BT? Thanks so much!

I can't figure out how to send a PM! I would like to receive it though (if possible).

I do know of one thing I would like to clarify for P3 beam- it says you need a BACKWARDS and SIDEWAYS/FRONTWARDS skill. I interpreted this to mean a bwd skill and either a fwd or sdw. However my coach thought it meant I needed all three, therefore I compete BHS, BWO-FWO connection and RO-BT dismount. As far as acro, wouldn't I just need BHS and RO-BT? Thanks so much!

At the top of your screen beside your name and alerts it says inbox, hold your mouse over that and at the bottom of the pull down menu it will say start new conversation, click that and enter my user name and you are set.

For P3 beam, yes you need a backwards skill and forwards OR sideways. So back handspring and round off would fulfill that requirement, however then you also need a acro series, most commonly handstand back handspring or back walkover back handspring. But your acro series doesn't need flight, so back walkover back walkover would work, or handstand back walkover or cartwheel cartwheel, etc.
However you get bonus if it does have flight.

Thank you so much, I'll PM you in a moment. I really appreciate it!

Wouldn't RO-BT dismount count as an acro series? I know CW-BT did last year in P2 but I don't know about P3.

Thank you so much, I'll PM you in a moment. I really appreciate it!

Wouldn't RO-BT dismount count as an acro series? I know CW-BT did last year in P2 but I don't know about P3.

No, your acros series has to be on the beam. CW-BT works in P2 as bonus (acro a connected to salto dismount), but in P2 there is no requirement of acros series (can be done for bonus).
So you need to have a series on the beam. I would say if you are working towards something like back walkover back handspring and its not there yet, do handstand back walkover pause back handspring. Then when the back walkover BHS is there you can just get rid of the HS without changing anything.
But there are so many choices for acro series, the ones I named are just the most common.
The RO-BT will give you bonus is P3 (0.2) for an acro B directly connected to A+ salto.

Do you want the CPN requirements or the CPP requirements?

No, your acros series has to be on the beam. CW-BT works in P2 as bonus (acro a connected to salto dismount), but in P2 there is no requirement of acros series (can be done for bonus).
So you need to have a series on the beam. I would say if you are working towards something like back walkover back handspring and its not there yet, do handstand back walkover pause back handspring. Then when the back walkover BHS is there you can just get rid of the HS without changing anything.
But there are so many choices for acro series, the ones I named are just the most common.
The RO-BT will give you bonus is P3 (0.2) for an acro B directly connected to A+ salto.

Do you want the CPN requirements or the CPP requirements?

Wow, thank you so much! You have a lot of knowledge and must be a wonderful coach.

Messed up my terminology- CPP! Sorry about that, that's what training 20hrs in 4 days does to me (make-ups).

What do you think the best way to share it is? I have it in pdf form, not on a website at all.
It also says to be circulated by email only not posted on a website.
I know this is late but if you could sent it to me that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hawaii Gymnast, (Or anyone else who knows the answer!) did you receive any updates after this one was sent? I ask because dds coaches tell me there is a 3 step rule about running tinto the tumbling lines and I cant seem to find it in here. They also mention that Aspires can do one bonus arial in beam but it says here absolutely no bonus. Thanks in advance.

Hawaii Gymnast, (Or anyone else who knows the answer!) did you receive any updates after this one was sent? I ask because dds coaches tell me there is a 3 step rule about running tinto the tumbling lines and I cant seem to find it in here. They also mention that Aspires can do one bonus arial in beam but it says here absolutely no bonus. Thanks in advance.

I haven't received any clarifications, so I don't know about the aerial on beam. As far as I know they don't receive bonus, I am not to familiar with CPN but maybe he is saying she can add it for experience, it is a common developmental thing at some clubs even if it gives you nothing extra.
For the 3 step rule it is in there already, top of page 15.
If I here anything else I will let you know.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back