Parents Creative Ways to Display Your Gymmies' Awards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

greyhoundrescue

This has probably already been discussed before, so if so, feel free to redirect me.

Even though my girls haven't begun competing yet, with two swimmers in the house and all of the other ribbons and awards my kids seem to accumulate and will likely continue to accumulate, I was wondering if anyone had any creative ideas for displaying medals, ribbons, and the like. I've seen quilts and pillows made out of equestrian ribbons before, but I'm not sure they do the same for other kinds of ribbons. Anyhoo, I'd love to hear (and maybe even see?) some of your ideas.

This is what we have in DD room, actually two of the shelves. There are hooks underneath that the medals and ribbons hand from, and then trophies could go on top.

IMG_2075.jpg

I have also thought of getting this:

Award Keeper: Award Keeper Products

Barb

My girls have a gym memories book that we made for the gym as a fundraiser. It has pages for photos, new skills, meet results and lots of other stuff. I staple the ribbons to the page with the results. Medals and trophies go on shelves in their rooms.

bogwoppit-albums-bogwoppits-photos-picture543-medals.jpg

I dont have a photo of it, but I am going to take a few precious medals, ribbons, trophies from DD's compulsory years along with her leo and put them in a shadow box.. I can then safely store all the others. I figure a couple medals that were important (fun meets, high scores or things she worked really hard for) than displaying all of them

I was trying to figure out what to do with dd medals,certificates,etc.She has only been competetive for 2 years and although we still have some room it looks very cluttered.One of the moms I know from our gym puts eveything away from the last season.I don't want to do that and my daughter does not like that either.Maybe I have to put up a couple of shelfs.She went to a about 8 meets per season and at the smaller ones there is a good chance everybody wins something.

I don't know if this classifies as "creative" but we just hang everything on the wall. My DD still has plenty of wall space but we tease her that she's filling it up fast. :D The trophies and bears are just lined up on her dresser.

One thing we started was the pins for good scores, new skills, etc. I put the pins on a ribbon that also hangs on the wall. It's a nice way for her to "see" her season. We put the level pin at the top and then the pins for her accomplishments that season underneath it. She really likes getting new pins. She's annoyed that I couldn't find a "cartwheel on beam" pin for her level 4 ribbon. hehehe

Attachments

• Medals and Trophies.jpg
    Medals and Trophies.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 8,237
  • Bears and Trophies.jpg
    Bears and Trophies.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 2,067
  • Pins.jpg
    Pins.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,840
I like the idea of the ribbon for the pins.

We currently have all of our medals hanging on a hanger in her closet :eek:

DH is supposed to be making something

I will take a pic later. We "stole" this idea from a teammate. I hung up a curtain rod on the wall and put all of the ribbons/medals on it for little Monkey. Big DD has a peg shelf in her room for the medals. Not sure what she has done with her ribbons though....

I like the clothes bar idea. We've been pinning the ribbons and medals to the chair railing in our study, but space is tight. Thanks for the great ideas, guys! Keep 'em coming!

I like the idea of the ribbon for the pins.

We currently have all of our medals hanging on a hanger in her closet :eek:

DH is supposed to be making something

OMG!!:eek: My DD's are hanging on a hanger too. When I look in her closet I feel so hoopdy.

My DH grumbles and keeps saying he's going to make something every time I'm mention that I saw this cool medal display at a meet. At this rate, DD will get her display on her wedding day. Mind you, she's only 8.:p

I guess I better go order one.

OMG!!:eek: My DD's are hanging on a hanger too. When I look in her closet I feel so hoopdy.

My DH grumbles and keeps saying he's going to make something every time I'm mention that I saw this cool medal display at a meet. At this rate, DD will get her display on her wedding day. Mind you, she's only 8.:p

I guess I better go order one.

should we start a pool to see which hubby will get it done first :D

Presonalized Medal Displays

Check out the above website.

My 2 dd's have these, and they are GREAT! We love them, and they hold a ton of medals. My oldest dd has 32 medals hanging on hers right now from last year. I think we will be ordering her another one for Christmas. WE LOVE THESE!

I don' t have a picture, but we just got simple wood shelves and then went to Lowe's and bought a bunch of screw in tea cup hooks and screwed them in the bottom. We have about 15 hooks and hung her level 5 medals from them with her trophies and photos on top of the shelf.

It looks really nice.

Presonalized Medal Displays

Check out the above website.

My 2 dd's have these, and they are GREAT! We love them, and they hold a ton of medals. My oldest dd has 32 medals hanging on hers right now from last year. I think we will be ordering her another one for Christmas. WE LOVE THESE!

I love these!!! Going to order one to give as a Christmas gift right before comp. season starts in January! Thanks so much!!!

Those personalized hooks are really cool!

Here are my pictures. The first (pink wall) is little Monkey's curtain rod. The 2nd one is big DD's. No rhyme or reason as to how they are hung up (by levels, or whatever). With little DD's the newest ones are to the right.

Attachments

• medals 001.jpg
    medals 001.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 2,524
  • medals 002.jpg
    medals 002.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,698

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back