Creativity and Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How do you show creativity in your gymnastics?

• Total voters

4inches

Gymnast
Hey guys! So for school we have to do a project on creativity. This was our only guideline for the project, so I picked "Creativity in Gymnastics" as my topic. So here's the big question... How do you show creativity in gymnastics? Answer the poll and explain if you have the time. Thanks!:)

I think creativity can be shown in any routine (floor, beam, and even bars) through the way the gymnast chooses to execute it. Floor: the music, dance elements, and even the skills can show creativity. The skills may have a specific element connected to them that gives off s certain feeling and the gymnast may have a specific expression through the moves depending on the music that they chose. For beam, I would say the gymnast can express themselves through the moves of the routine. You may have a quick energetic kind of routine(if that makes any sense) or you may have a slower graceful routine with more dance elements then a ton of flips and jumps. On bars, same thing. I feel a bar routine can give off a certain energy depending on the skills they chose. It can be a quicker, routine with more flips or a more graceful routine with pirouettes or a certain fluidity to it. I had a little bit of trouble explaining this! It's hard to put into words but I hope it helped! :)

I really just have a big smile and finish all my skills, arms back chin up. I have that extra little "sass" too. Since I'm only a compulsory I can't do my own routines :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back