Parents Cringy instagram gym dad has progressed to suicidal

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

profmom

Proud Parent

Not sure how many of you have had this "cute" video shared with you on Facebook. He really is going to kill himself.

Hope they have good health insurance. The whole thing looks like an accident waiting to happen- for the kid, too. That makeshift vault in the backyard? :eek:

Just watched this video this morning. I cringed several times at his landings, that's GOT to be hurting his body.

I think he's faking a lot of those falls for humor to be honest. If he never did gymnastics before at all, his reflexes or lack thereof are pretty remarkable for an adult. It's still nothing I would ever to recommend to anyone, but most of his falls look kind of controlled and he's fairly acrobatic for an adult with limited tumbling experience. It does seem super dangerous to go on those playground bars, because they definitely aren't built for that activity or weight. You can see them rocking.

Eek, I cant even watch. My daughter showed a video of duo to my husband once. He was like, "Are you kidding me, I pay for the sport, I don't need to do it also"

Lol, should I share by brother's "floor routine" with you all. He has NO gymnastics experience. In February, he will be doing a new routine for the girls ... on the 10th anniversary of his first floor routine (he has done 3 so far ... and the 2nd one, we let the girls "judge" based on Xcel Bronze rules ;) They were extremely generous in their scoring, lol).

Hope they have good health insurance. The whole thing looks like an accident waiting to happen- for the kid, too. :eek:

He does not need it, he is Australian and treatment is free even for really expensive injuries caused by backyard lunacy. Some accidental injury insurance to cover time off work probably would not go astray though!

I think he is actually more capable than he looks though and a lot of that is exaggerated for the camera for comedy effect. Stuntwork rather than outright insanity.

I don't watch that stuff. I simply won't give it "clicks"

Hope they have good health insurance. The whole thing looks like an accident waiting to happen- for the kid, too. That makeshift vault in the backyard? :eek:

That was my first thought--what does the kid's coach think of the home equipment and the trampoline park?

Personally, I think he’s amazing! Although those back saltos make me cringe and that makeshift vault is scary!

I’ve worked at gyms with less equipment than those folks have in their yard. I assume they might be making some money promoting those Air Trak mats?

They do get a lot of the equipment for free. Her account is popular, thye want their gear seen, why wouldn't they jump on the band wagon. She is an Australian kid, and attends one of the top high performance programs in the country.

Honestly, I like seeing a dad having fun with his daughter like that. I think that amount of equipment is insane to have, but assuming a lot of it was free I can say that my kids wouldn't turn it down. LOL I haven't seen him do things that I thought were too crazy dangerous, but I do only see the videos when they pop up in my FB feed, so I haven't watched a ton of them.

I just love them! I have read or seen in a video that dad started it when his girl was tounger and started competitive gymnastics. He didn’t really get everything that was going on and he wanted to make sure they would have a great bond, even though she was training that many hours. So he decided he wanted to learn to.

I haven’t watched any of the new videos, but as far as I know she does pretty ‘basic’ stuff, like backflips ect, so I don’t think it has an impact on her form. Dad really started from the beginning, but made quite some progress. Too me, it never seems to get ‘too dangerous’. The equipment was all given to them, I think they started with a small floor beam and one of those round fitness trampolines.

Basically, why I see is a dad and his daughter having great fun together!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back