Parents crisis is over, and a L5 meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Fortunately the boy was over it by about 10 AM. not sure what got him, but he never had a fever or anything. So we went down there ( they have a huge play area you can drop your kids off during the meet for $5 and it's supervised, so that worked out) My DH was done with the consultant early, so he made it in time for warm up.

I don't have the scores with me at the moment, but I think she got an 8.9 on the floor and 8th place, and the rest of the scores were in the 8's except vault which was 7.9. It wasn't her best effort...she complained about being tired (waking up to your little brother heaving in the bathroom next to you is a tough way to start the day) but we got video (which hasn't been loaded to the computer yet) and that seems to help her a lot (you can tell a kid 18 times their toes weren't pointed, but they never believe you until you show them the video!)

I think we will chalk this one up to "a learning experience". It's not like it was horrible, she got a 33.125 AA, so she qualified for sectionals. It was just kind of a disappointment because she didn't give her usual polished performance:rolleyes:. She did have fun though, and she's not too upset over it all.:)

Snowbound

Nice that she's cool with her results, that is the most important thing. So glad your son got over his puking I am sure that made it way more fun for everyone.

For a first meet those are some very nice scores, as we all know things improve as the season moves along and that is always good.

Glad you made it to the meet. My 3 year old had something like what your son had, I actually think it was something she ate since it was just a quick thing, but you just never know.

Sounds like a solid meet at L5! It is just the beginning of your season, right? So lots more to go? Hope she has a great L5 season. :D

Thank you for the positive thoughts. Her next meet is our home meet, and it's still about 3 weeks away, so she should be a little more polished for that one.

Snowbound

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back