Critique meet went GREAT!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Billy

DD did a completely fantastic job at the critique meet today. We didn't get any scores but did get video. I also wrote up a "meet report" on the blog. Links to both are in my signature. Hope you'll all visit the sites!

Thanks, Meredith! If you haven't seen them already, the vids are up on YouTube.

Wow-ness! She has really learned a lot in the past year! Did I read correctly (on your You Tube videos) that she had a L2 State Meet last April? Sheesh, she is moving at the speed of light!

I like how tight & straight she is. And she seems to know her routines well, she's getting good coaching, IMO! A little polish here, & some amplitude there, and she is going to shine. BTW, she has that back extension roll pretty well, that is a toughie that a lot of gyms don't really bother drilling (including past gyms of my dd!). Nice to see that they have focused on that & not just the 'big' stuff, like BHS's. Oh, and she looked very determined on that beam! Nothing was going to get her to fall off of that thing! Nice cartwheel. Keep us posted, she is a cutie-pie! :p

Thanks! And yes, she finished her level 2 season in April so she's gone from competing level 2 to competing level 5 in about seven months.

Shawn your DD rocked the critique meet. She is truly a bar star, her videos were wonderful, she has come a long way in a short time, great job.

Fantastics bars and gorgeous cartwheel on beam. All she needs is a little polish on everything else. Well done. I'm amazed after only 6 weeks in level 5 she is so good! what a little star.

Great job! Her bars is definitely the highlight and looks like her strongest event. Is it me or does it look like she grew a lot?! She looks soooo tall in the video! She looks a lot older than 7 also. She is gonna have great long gymnastics lines when she gets older. Congrats!

Oh yeah, she's growing alright. I keep telling her she's going to have to start standing on her head with a brick on her feet because I'm not ready to give up my "little baby" girl yet! LOL She's also very mature for her age. People always forget how young she really is.

WOW! She is such a natural performer! My DD could have never progressed as quickly as that, she needed her second L4 year, LOL

I agree the BARS rocked! Everything else will come together soon with just practice...she seems like she's got all the skills, just needs a little polish.

Tell Boo we think she is AMAZING!

Oh yeah, she's growing alright. I keep telling her she's going to have to start standing on her head with a brick on her feet because I'm not ready to give up my "little baby" girl yet! LOL She's also very mature for her age. People always forget how young she really is.

That's great that she is so mature--she definitely has a very mature presence for 7! That will definitely help her as she goes through the levels. I can't believe "my baby" is going to turn 10 next month :eek:!!! Sometimes she acts like a 3 year old!!! LOL She has her days...:p

Thanks for posting the video's! She is in the level she belongs that is for sure! Can you imagine if she were still in the old gym? She would be bored to death!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back