Crusty, rusty, tough, hands

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey guys
How do u feel about ur hands??
Im proud of my ripped calloused rough hands in gym, but when i shake/hold other people's hands and their hand is softer than mine (especially when its a guy), I get kind of embarrased.
My friends are used of it by now, and they always joke about it, but i always feel like strangers are grossed out by my rough hands.
How do u guys deal with/feel about ur hands
:eek:

Mine are like that too! Nobody really says anything negative about mine outside of gym. In the gym, i am proud of my hands because it shows how hard i work, and outside of the gym, i am proud of them too because it shows how physically demanding our sport is. Everyone is always like...WHOA, doesn't that hurt? Or...you must work hard at gymnastics! Haha, but don't let what other people think affect you. Just tell them that you are a gymnast, and leave it at that. If they still say negative things about them, just tell them how often they bleed...haha, just kidding. :)

haha i think that all gymnasts hands are like that, i know mine are. I am actually proud of my hands. :D I dont care what other people think of me, it just matters to me what i think. my hands have gotten less rough though since i got grips.

i love my hands! sometimes when i hve a massive rip my friends all say
'OMG does it hurt??' and i just laugh and say 'meh'.
im proud of my hands coz they show hard work:D:D

i refuse to tape my rips cuz i love to show them off to ppl at school! we had to shake hands the first day of french and the boy next to me made this hilarious confused face when he felt my hand. i tried not to laugh.

Haha......mine are like that too but don't let others affect you. I want to see them do bars. lol

Well my hands are fine :p. But then again I just tumble. I wouldn't worry about it it tho. Anyone who would make fun of you is just jealous that they can't do bars!

Hey guys
How do u feel about ur hands??
Im proud of my ripped calloused rough hands in gym, but when i shake/hold other people's hands and their hand is softer than mine (especially when its a guy), I get kind of embarrased.
My friends are used of it by now, and they always joke about it, but i always feel like strangers are grossed out by my rough hands.
How do u guys deal with/feel about ur hands
:eek:

I agree with you! Like in the gym i would always show them off but like even around my family, they are grossed out by them. Personally i feel weird when i don't have any calluses on my hands. Also it relieves my anxiety when i pick at them so that is also a plus :p

Haha every1 thinks my hands are so gross, idk why. I love my hands. torn up and calloused that is how I like them!! lol

I remember my first level 8 practice we did hard core bars and I went to school the next day with like 4 giant, bloody rips and people were like you do that for fun?! :) I honestly don't remember what it feels like to have smooth hands. I haven't ripped in like over a year or two because my hands are so tough now.

i love my hands! sometimes when i hve a massive rip my friends all say
'OMG does it hurt??' and i just laugh and say 'meh'.
im proud of my hands coz they show hard work:D:D
i LOVE doing that! or when they are like ewwwww! some of my friends think its gross but oh well:p were gymnasts and our hands show how hard we work! :D:D

I really don't even remember the last time my hands were smooth. Most of my friends think there're gross sometimes, except for my better friends who are used to it. The only other time think there're really gross is like the day after I've gotten a rip. I don't mind, there're kinda like battle scars.. (;

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back