WAG curious - where would your child be in this and what is appropriate? (coaches?)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

sportymom

I found "Geddert's Conditioning" and really like it.

As I was reading through it, I noticed that there are only 4 Levels listed. I guess these Levels are just 4 Levels of strength but not belong to the USAG Levels 1-4!

My older DD is a Level 8 and she would be somewhere in between L3 and L4 in Geddert's Conditioning. She can do almost 3x12 90 L to V Leg Lifts but maybe not 15 weighted dips! But definitely L3 with some stuff from L4!

My young DD is a L4 and can do almost every stuff of L1, but I guess not the Pull-Ups.

What about you or your DD?
And what Levels of USAG should be able to master which Level of Geddert's Conditioning?

Herr is the Link:
http://thegymnasticscoach.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Gedderts-Phase-Conditioning-Book-Bonus.pdf

I am talking about Geddert's Phase Conditioning
Phase 1 - Compulsory Conditioning Program

I found "Geddert's Conditioning" and really like it.

As I was reading through it, I noticed that there are only 4 Levels listed. I guess these Levels are just 4 Levels of strength but not belong to the USAG Levels 1-4!

My older DD is a Level 8 and she would be somewhere in between L3 and L4 in Geddert's Conditioning. She can do almost 3x12 90 L to V Leg Lifts but maybe not 15 weighted dips! But definitely L3 with some stuff from L4!

My young DD is a L4 and can do almost every stuff of L1, but I guess not the Pull-Ups.

What about you or your DD?
And what Levels of USAG should be able to master which Level of Geddert's Conditioning?

Herr is the Link:
http://thegymnasticscoach.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Gedderts-Phase-Conditioning-Book-Bonus.pdf

I am talking about Geddert's Phase Conditioning
Phase 1 - Compulsory Conditioning Program

Interesting conditioning information. OT but I was wondering how your girls compete US levels if you are in the UK or are you only here for a short time and those are the levels they are returning to. How have they found the transition to our levels? I know some other incomers have found it complicated.

Interesting conditioning information. OT but I was wondering how your girls compete US levels if you are in the UK or are you only here for a short time and those are the levels they are returning to. How have they found the transition to our levels? I know some other incomers have found it complicated.

No, I am from the US, it was a mistake. I signed up on my phone and when I noticed it, it was too late? Can I change it?

3/4 is extremely hard. It's really for upper level girls. The things in there aren't even safe or appropriate for a young level 3 or 4. Probably only one of my 4s would be a 3/4 and I have good kids...I'm just saying you guys might be misunderstanding how hard some of the non-pressing and leg lifts stuff is. Little kids tend to be good at the presses and leg lifts.

I'd say DD would be doing L4 of this..... She trains L9.

3/4 is extremely hard. It's really for upper level girls. The things in there aren't even safe or appropriate for a young level 3 or 4. Probably only one of my 4s would be a 3/4 and I have good kids...I'm just saying you guys might be misunderstanding how hard some of the non-pressing and leg lifts stuff is. Little kids tend to be good at the presses and leg lifts.

Totally agree with you!

In my gym,
L1-L5 would be at Level 1.
L5-L6 are Level 2.
L7-L8 are Level 3.
And L9-L10 are Level 4.

Is this common?

My DD doesn't do anything with weights but she is really strong. The list I looked at was also for compulsory gymnasts, I didn't look at the optional list.

My DD doesn't do anything with weights but she is really strong. The list I looked at was also for compulsory gymnasts, I didn't look at the optional list.

Most of level 3 and 4 is weighted. Weighted dips are insanely hard and definitely wouldn't be appropriate for a 6 year old, so I'm glad she doesn't do them :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back