DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Below is a list of items that are currently going on with ChalkBucket...
  1. @bogwoppit and @Geoffrey Taucer are stepping back as admins of the site. This is a huge deal for the site as you know if you have been around here. There will be an announcement over the next couple of weeks on plans for our admin / moderating team.
  2. ChalkBucket upgraded software from Xenforo 1.5.x to 2.x. Due to this many things were fixed... but some things have to be worked out still. These include...
    1. Restoring the Social Groups to exactly where they were at before.
    2. Joining user groups such as "parent"... "coach"... "gymnast"... etc.
    3. Minor theme issues (let me know if you see any)
  3. Restoring "Elasticsearch" to the forum. The search results that are returned via our search bar are not very good. This is a major issue as it can be very expensive... working on an inexpensive way to run it. Restored... search results should be better again.
  4. Fixing the ads and restoring the premium (paid) user group which will be a "limited ads" user group. ChalkBucket is fully funded by advertising currently.
  5. Upgrading to Xenforo 2.1 when it is ready. This will give us some cool new features such as "reactions" and "bookmarks".

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your time and dedication to this website. ChalkBucket is the best gymnastics forum on the internet, and none of it would even exist if it weren’t for you!

Currently, I really enjoy the update. There are small things that I miss, but I’m sure they’re getting worked out.

Thanks for the update on the premium option with reduced ads. I forgot how much I hate the ads until I've had to weed through them the past week or so. Looking forward to that feature being restored! ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back