Current injury to college gymnast

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

H

hammy

This is kind of a random question that probably won't be able to be answered, but I figured I'd take a shot at it. Someone was just telling me that a women's collegiate gymnast was injured at a meet and that it was shown on TV (this past weekend) on ESPN 2 (I think). I was wondering if anyone knows more about this gymnast and what happened. I know it's a really broad subject, but who knows, maybe someone saw it! Thanks!

I heard about Courtney. Apparently the gymnast above hurt her neck--from what I've heard (sketchy details) is that she was doing a double back and something went wrong. That's about all I know.

Sadly she did....but from what I have heard it is not the same tendon but that on her other leg......not 100% sure on that though...

Injured Gymnast

I heard about Courtney. Apparently the gymnast above hurt her neck--from what I've heard (sketchy details) is that she was doing a double back and something went wrong. That's about all I know.

Are you talking about Brittany McCollough at UCLA? She took a pretty bad fall in warmups a few weeks ago, but I think she's ok. The only other one I know about is Tasha Smith at Oregon State who also took a pretty bad floor spill and is still having some issues.

It was probably one of the two of them. A friend of mine was telling me about it, but she couldn't remember the team or anything. I figured it was a random shot asking. Thanks! Do you know if there are any videos on youtube?

We were at the meet when Courtney Kupets tore her right achilles tendon. She tore her left achilles tendon in 2003 so at least it is not the same one. She had surgery on Monday, March 3rd (the meet was tape delayed from March 1st against Arkansas). She is expected to make it back to compete next season in her senior year!

The crazy thing is, she ruptured it on the other leg but on the SAME tumbling pass!! Arabian double front. And her sister ruptured hers at the end of last season.

That's sad that they all tore their achillies, good luck with all of their recoveries. btw... Courtney tore her achillies on her whip half to double front the first time I believe, and on the arabian double front this time.

She tore it at 2003 Worlds. I actually believe it was torn the first time on her whip half into a double front.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back