CUSTOM LEOTARDS: gk vs. dreamlight usa

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i know gk is a great brand, but if you have (or someone you know has) purchased custom leotard(s) from one or both of these websites, what was the pricing like? and how does dreamlight's fit compare to gk's? are the legs/hips on both cut pretty much the same, or is one higher? thanks guys! :)

I don't have a custom leo from dreamlight so I don't know how it compares price wise. My competition leo is GK. I recently got a dreamlight leo and it is the most comfortable thing ever, I could live in it! It is a thinner lycra so it actually breathes and don't pinch or dig in anywhere, but it fits nicely, does't sag anywhere. I got it at a competition, tried on several and liked it best and the greatest thing was it was like $30 and it is one with a design and rhinestones! Granted that might have been a special price as the website has the prices mostly being comparable to GK, regardless I love it so much when I need more workout leos that is who i am buying through none of my GK leos are that comfy! As far as sizing it is WAY different than GK. You almost need to try one on, the one I got is lycra, not foil or velvet so I don't know how they fit but I normally wear an adult large in GK and ended up in an adult small in dreamlight, and it is a comfortable fit, I could have gotten an XS even and it would have fit. Anyways there you go from a GK to Dreamlight convert.

My DD's team had dreamlight leos last year and they were definately pricey however because they were a very light (almost white) silver they also had an underleo to wear with it. The first attachment is that leo and the new leo is from GK and I think it is around 120.00. The 2nd attachment is that leo. The Dreamlight leo fit nicely but I think the GK brand fits my DD much better. Also keep in mind that Dreamlight sizing is different. A GK AXS is about the same as a Dreamlight CL.

Attachments

• DSC00795.jpg
    DSC00795.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 13,266
  • 5826STt.jpg
    5826STt.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 2,149
Totally forgot to add, at their display they had hundreds of their custom leos to show and they were stunning, nothing cheap or cheesy looking about them. And a lot of them had a much different look hard to describe but GK leos get to basically looking all the same with differnt colors and stone placement, the Dreamlight ones actually looked unique to me anyways. The lady told me if it is a team order they will make a sample for you. I have no idea on the cost though. I know my GK comp. leo is pretty decked out for $120. The one pictured above actually looks nothing like the ones I saw and if that was $120 as simple as it looks I am scared to know the cost of the ones I saw!

The last competition leo my daughter got was dreamlight.It was a little more expensive than the Gk she had a couple years before that.
The dreamlight was cut very high on the hips and took some getting used to but it locked fabulous.The high cut makes gymnasts legs look longer and gives it that typical gymnast body.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back