Dani's First Level 4 Meet at Style Gymnastics!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey guys--well I survived dd's first gymnastics meet. It was so much fun! The girls looked like they were having so much fun out there! Dani did so well! I am so incredibly proud of her! Here is the breakdown:

Floor - 8.50 - 7th place
Vault - 9.45 - 2nd place
Bars - 9.00 - 2nd place
Beam - 8.35 - 5th place

All-Around - 35.30 - 2nd place (out of 15 girls!) Her age group teammates took 3rd and 4th in the AA as well!

I posted a video in the videos section.

I am thinking that I am liking gymnastics a whole lot more than cheer--it's not as loud and I love the idea of the girls getting 5 chances to win a medal or ribbon. All the girls on Dani's team walked home with either a medal or ribbon or combination--they were beaming up on the podium stand!!!

Thanks for all the good luck wishes!!!

WOW! I would say you are off to a great start! CONGRATS to Dani, especially on that vault score!

Good job on those scores, watch out the sport is addictive, lol:)

WOW!!! Great job!!! Now that's a fine 1st meet AA score!!! So happy for Dani!!! Looks like there were no 1st meet jitters getting in the way...all that cheer experience must have come in handy! A big congratulations to Dani & her teammates!!!! YOU GIRLS ROCK!!!!:D...now I'm off to check out the vids.

She looked great for her first meet! I am glad she had a good time and that you did as well! Here's to many more awesome meets this season! Way to go Dani!!!

Great way to start off!!! She looks so composed and mature out there---could never tell it was her 1st ever gym meet. Her floor is very good---nice line and pointed toes!! Get rid of the spot and her score will go soaring. Vault awesome too! Keep working Dani, see alot more bling in your season.

Really like the leos too!

Great way to start off!!! She looks so composed and mature out there---could never tell it was her 1st ever gym meet. Her floor is very good---nice line and pointed toes!! Get rid of the spot and her score will go soaring. Vault awesome too! Keep working Dani, see alot more bling in your season.

Really like the leos too!

Thanks gym law mom! I love the leos too! They were well worth the wait. We actually got them Friday (as in 2 days before the meet!)-talk about a close call!

I think the additional ballet classes are really helping her artistic expression, especially on floor. Even on beam you can see her graceful gymnastics hand and finger positions. She has really come a long way in such a short time.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!!!

Last edited:
Great job and great scores. It is so much fun to watch them when they are doing so well. She looks like she could handle the backhand spring without a spot but it is nice that they let her do it with a spot. That was a struggle for my daughter last year and her gym would not let her compete floor until she had it by herself but she finally got it midway through the season. I do not know too much about cheerleading but I think gymnastics seems harder since they are performing on their own. :)

Just watched the video and she looks great for her 1st ever meet.

On floor her split leap is very nice, I think you rarely see such nice extenion at that level. And there is absolutely no reason the coach should have been there for her BHS, she looks just fine with that.

Great job!

Just watched the video and she looks great for her 1st ever meet.

On floor her split leap is very nice, I think you rarely see such nice extenion at that level. And there is absolutely no reason the coach should have been there for her BHS, she looks just fine with that.

Great job!

Thanks Granny! She has been having "issues" with her BHS for a while now but I can definitely see that her confidence with it has dramatically increased over the past couple months :). She knows that the ROBHS is killing her floor score so maybe it is good that there is a bit of "competition" in her gym so as to light a fire under her butt!!! :p

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News