Dani's Level 4 Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This meet had it's ups and downs but finished off rather well. Here's the rundown:

First up was Beam. Eeeek---they never started on beam so that worried me a bit. It seemed like the beam was giving a lot of kids trouble because routines were shaky and scores were low. Dani went up toward the end of the rotation and did beautifully! She looked very poised and confident. She did forget to do her pose right before the dismount but I didn't even realize it untill she said something to me after the meet. She scored a 8.20 and placed 2nd! Hmmmm, maybe the judges didn't notice the missed element either??? LOL

Next was Floor. She has been very adamant about doing the ROBHS by herself and warm-ups looked really good for her. Her routine was gorgeous--I can tell that she is focussing on cleaning up the toe point, straight legs, and the T-position before going into handstands. She looked good going into the RO but got a little off balance so she stopped, then she did the BHS with coach spotting her. Oh well...there is always next time. Her score a 7.90--which isn't bad considering she scored a 7.00 at the last meet and she connected the ROBHS...She didn't place on floor.

Next is her favorite event Vault. She was upset after floor and I could see her crying. I was hoping that she would get her composure back and shake it off before Vault. She was bouncing around and happy when they were waiting for the other team to finish their vaulting so I knew her demeanor had perked up. She had 2 strong vaults with some minor leg seperation when she landed onto the mat but it was good enough for a 9.00 and a 1st place finish!!!! She was so happy when her name was called for the 1st place vault during awards--I was so thrilled for her!!

Last is Bars. She cleaned up her front hip circle (no straddled legs) so that was major for her, and she is learning to make the skills flow into each other. There were some form deductions, but pretty good routine--8.10 for a 4th place finish.

All-Around...... 33.20 for...............2nd place!!!!

She was so thrilled and I was so proud of her! Her daddy and a lot of her cheer friends came to see her since it was a local meet so it was nice that she had some bling, a 1st place finish in Vault and a 2nd place AA at this meet!

Here is the video from the meet:

YouTube - Columbia Gymnastics Meet Feb 15 200

PS--thanks for all the good luck wishes and fairies!! They definitley came in handy!!!

Last edited:
Dani you rock. Joining the 9.0 is so cool. So glad she had a great time and got some lovely bling in front of her adoring fans.

WOOHOO! Was that the first nine???? Good for her...I told you it will only get better score wise. I know she is still frustrated about the ROBHS but now you can tell her that her practice is paying off on the improvements everywhere else right now and that ROBHS will happen soon...I swear!

:applause:I'm soooo happy for Dani!!! That was a smokin' hot vault!!! I agree with Blackie...Dani is getting better & better! I can tell she's over thinking the ROBHS...same thing my DD does! She'll get it, once it feels 'natural' to her. The more of them she does, the easier it will come to her, without her even having to think about it! Great job at the meet....2nd AA...yeah baby!!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks guys!!! No, that wasn't her first 9...her very first meet she scored a 9.45 on vault :eek:, and I am thinking that maybe that may have been beginner's luck... LOL!

This was Dani's 3rd meet and what I am learning is that the judges scores can be sooo varied from meet to meet and to event to event. I guess it all depends. Anyway, I am glad she had a great meet and I am most happy with the fact that she is fine tuning skills and really trying to polish and pay attention to the little details. It means that she IS actually listening to coach and focussing at practice :D. Before every practice, she writes little notes to herself on the back of her hand as little reminders, like "focus" or "focus each skill". She started this after her last meet and I think it really helps her during practice. Hey--every little bit helps right???:)

Her front hip circle was so pretty! And she is doing a great job levering into her handstands! I'm so happy for her!

She's getting more confident and improving and placing. I would forget about the backhandspring and when she is ready one day I am sure she will get it. My daughters backhandspring really improved last year in the summer after meet season ended she had it but it was not great. Remember it is her first year competing and sometimes when the stress of meet season is over they get alot of new skills.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back