Dare Grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kgymn

Gymnast
I'm on the hunt for new grips. I have been using US Glove Millenium 2 grips, and while I like them, I have been getting a lot of rips as of late, more often and bigger than when I was younger and used Reisports. I took my old Reisports back out last night and was comparing them, I did rip using them but it was smaller than the ones I have been getting. So I really think the grips are contributing.

Anyways I am trying to decided if I should go back to Reisports, or try out something new and when I was looking I saw these "Dare" grips that are made of laminated leather. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these.

~Katy

Grips are not made to stop you from ripping, they are for gripping the bar better. But I guess if you had better luck with the old ones switch back, it could even be a fit issue. I have never heard of Dare grips.

Grips are not made to stop you from ripping, they are for gripping the bar better. But I guess if you had better luck with the old ones switch back, it could even be a fit issue. I have never heard of Dare grips.

I'm aware they aren't there to keep me from ripping. But it's pretty obvious to me that one pair is in fact making me rip *more* which is a bit of an issue. Rips are one thing when you only need your hands for gymn and school, something else entirely when you're trying to drive with a rip and work with and physically prompt kids with an open wound on your hand :/

~Katy

I figured you knew that, but honestly a lot of people don't. I'd just go back to the ones that gave you less rips, unless you have the money to try a new pair that may or may not work. Maybe you can tape the areas prone to ripping under your grips. I agree working with kids with open sores in not good. Kids are very germy and I know staph infections run rampid in my gym, as well as most gyms you can't sterilize everything. Sorry I'm not much help, that is all I can suggest. The only way to prevent rips is to not do bars.

My DD always likes Reisports, but the regular ones seem to stretch out very quickly on her. For her most recent pair of grips we were looking for something that might last longer & we saw the Dare grips. They looked interesting & DD was going to try them, but they were out of stock in her size. So she ended up with Reisport Protec which are laminated(like the Dare grips). She LOVES them:D!!!

My DD always likes Reisports, but the regular ones seem to stretch out very quickly on her. For her most recent pair of grips we were looking for something that might last longer & we saw the Dare grips. They looked interesting & DD was going to try them, but they were out of stock in her size. So she ended up with Reisport Protec which are laminated(like the Dare grips). She LOVES them:D!!!

Thanks! I may try those out. I loved my Reisports but I found the same thing with them stretching. I can always try the Protec or the Dare ones and if they don't work out go back to the original Reisports.

~Katy

I can vouch for the Reisport Protec series aswell. They take slightly longer than normal to break in, but they're freaking indestructable.

DD used English Bulldogs for a long time like 3pairs worth. than all of the sudden the last pair gav her huge rips all over the place.

Sometimes I think rips are from a bad piece of leather used on the girps. They all have standards for leather but, her coah said it is highly possible to get a bad peice of leather on the grips that cause you to rip more.

One last thought is are you just swinging bars more and this is the cause of more rips? That happens also. Your coach may have a thought check with them.

Best wishes on figuring it out. I guess I would go to a different pair that do not rip as much.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back