Daughter competing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter is competing in the I love ny cup in Jan. 2010. She wants to compete both USAG and USAIGC. USAIGC is what she definitely wants to do, but also wants to do USAG. This is her 1st year in USAG. Her coach says it's ok to do both, but says many girls pick 1 league to compete in.

Should I let her compete both or make her choose 1?

thanks
denise

My daughter is competing in the I love ny cup in Jan. 2010. She wants to compete both USAG and USAIGC. USAIGC is what she definitely wants to do, but also wants to do USAG. This is her 1st year in USAG. Her coach says it's ok to do both, but says many girls pick 1 league to compete in.

Should I let her compete both or make her choose 1?

thanks
denise

Hi!

I wish I had some wisdom to share, but competing in 2 leagues isn't an option where we live.

If the coach, your daughter and your wallet are all ok with it, I say go for it!! I know may daughter would train everyday and compete weekly if either of those were options!

Good luck to her this season, whatever you decide:)

I Love NY Cup is well run and it's one of the biggest meets in this region. Just bear in mind that it's not a low stress meet for most gymnasts. Not that it matters in your case (as she is just starting out), but you may see some intense moments at this meet that you wouldn't see otherwise at a more local meet.

As for competing in both leagues, why? If you're make the switch, then go all the way. That way, you're not paying fees to both orgs and she can concentrate doing one set of requirements. If you're worry about the difficulty in USAG, I wouldn't sweat it as L4 is pretty relaxed.

Personally, I think she should pick one or the other--trying to remember routines/requirements for two different organizations and compete them at the same meet would be way too difficult, imho.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back