DD did her first back tuck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My little one did her first RO BHS BT today on her own! She is still technically a level 4, (level 5 starts May 1st,) but she set her mind to it and is so lucky to have a coach that has confidence in her. We were all very excited, especially her big sister, who you can hear shouting as she videotapes!

Ryan's first back tuck! - YouTube

Awesome! She sounds like one determined kid. Ro-bhs-back tucks usually don't look that nice when they're first learned. Hope she continues to have a fun and productive season of uptraining fun!

I will pass your compliments along! @ Coach Molly- I always *try* to leave the coaching to the coaches, but when DD expressed an interest in doing this skill, I explained to her the importance of "lift and rotation" IN THAT ORDER. I had her stand on an ottoman and do some "sets" just jumping upward and using her arm for lift as I supported her from behind. After a few of those I told her when to add the tuck. All in all, I would say I spent a maximum of 10 minutes spotting some sets, but reinforced the order of operations whenever she mentioned anything about tumbling. (FYI- I do have a background in the sport.) I let her coach know what I had said and done. I think that, coupled with her NEVER having backyard access to a trampoline, (with the exception of one visit to a friends who had one,) , and the fact that she trusts her coach implicitly, made it very easy to learn properly the first time around.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back