DD finally did a stoop-on today!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kiwi

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Judge
I'm not usually much of a bragger, but I'm so excited for DD. She's been struggling with the stoop-on all year, and it was getting her down, especially as "everyone else can do it except me". She isn't very flexible, with a terrible pike, so trying to get feet to the bar with straight legs seemed like mission impossible. She had only managed to do it with horrible froggy bent legs, or to just get her toes on sometimes with straight legs and then fall back down. We've been working on her pike with her neuro-muscular therapy (as well as on her other flexibility issues).

Out of the blue today she suddenly did a perfect-looking stoop-on! I don't know who was more surprised, her or me! (Or maybe the coach). She managed a second one beautifully, and almost got her third attempt but fell back, then they finished up on bar. I can't really say she has got the skill yet, as I don't know if this will last, but it's certainly a victory for today! :D

Awesome news, that is one of those skills that looks very easy, but is very scary, very hard and dangerous. A big victory in many ways.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back