Parents DD found the Kip fairy!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

GymnasticsMom

DD3 got a very special skill tonight! Bars was their last event, and since they spent only a half hour on bars tonight, they only had to do 3 routines-perfectly- then move onto kips until the improve. DD was to the point where she was actually pulling her self up all the way, waiting there for about 5 seconds trying to pull herself up, then just dropped. Literally everyone on her team was screaming at her to get it. It killed me too! She was just waiting on the bar.... then dropped 4 seconds later trying to pull herself up. Second to last turn on bars, she finally got it! Then tried it again--teammates rung the bell. It was a very special moment! She is jumping up and down as I am writing this post. After gym, the first thing she said to me was, "Mommy, are you gonna post this on the Chalk Bowl?":p;)

EDIT: Apparently DD3 did some other new skills besides the kip. I guess she was too excited about her kip she forgot the rest. Anyway, on floor she did her two back handsprings! And did a back walkover on high beam many times with light spot. :eek: I guess they are trying to push her a bit because she is still young and fearless. What a great night for her!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone! She was super excited and just wanted to be on our practice beam the whole night. Of course DD2 and DD1 were coaching her through it.:p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back