DD got her acceptance letter today! Will be a collegiate gymnast.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thank you all so much for the compliments and encouragement! We are still trying to let everything sink in. We are still getting a crash course in NCAA rules/regs - and there are a lot of them. With Caileigh being the first gymnast from 4 Star to go NCAA, we don't have any parents there to turn to for guidance, but we are getting lots of help from Wilson and from Caileigh's coach. While Div III schools don't give athletic scholarships, Caileigh has quailfied for a 50% academic merit scholarship which will be a huge help. It promises to be an interesting year, that is for sure.

I just remembered that at Liv's gym they have a special event called the "signing" I guess of the girl's committment papers? Ask the coaches about it. That is really special way for her, the gym, coaches and other girls to celebrate the accomplishment. Olivia enjoys celebrating with the soon to be college girls and takes pictures with them. It's exciting for all :)

Wow that is really awesome, congrats to her! Sounds like she deserves it. Is she starting college this fall or next year?

That's just awesome! College gymnastics is so fun, so it will be a great reward for all of her hard work. She will have a blast and I'm glad her dream came true. There's no better feeling.

Congrats to you, too! You have apparently done a great job with your gymnasts for them to be such amazing people!

What awesome news! Congratulations to your hard-working, persistent, talented daughters! How wonderful, and to have oldest dd so close to home and her gym is icing on the cake.
Woo-hoo!

Congratulations! Dedication and determination is what I think makes a good gymnast. Hats of to her!

:)That is such a wonderful story. There are so many challenges in gymnastics when you are healthy, but overcoming an injury and sticking with the sport even when you're not outwardly progressing show true strength and commitment. Congratulations to your family, and thank you for sharing this great news.

That is such an inspirational story! Thanks for sharing, I will remember it when I am having a rough day at the gym.

:cool: Congratulations! :)

My little sister in law is also heading off to the wonderful world of college gymnastics in the fall as well. Our daughter is really psyched to go visit and go to a few of her meets. Best of luck to both of your daughters for 2010-2011.

I got chills reading this story. Good luck to you and your daughter. What is she planning on studying in school?

CONGRATULATIONS to your DD!!!!:D Such a heart warming, inspirational story!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

Last edited:
Congratulations! A girl from my dd's gym does gymnastics at Wilson, I believe that she will be a Sophomore next yr!

CONGRATULATIONS!
What awesome news and an incredible success story! I'm sure this next leg of her gymnastics journey will be an exciting one for both of you.
Wilson College is a great school and it's great that she will be close enough to home for a little independence but also the chance to go home if needed.
I knew the former Wilson coach (Heidi) in passing, not sure if she still assists with the college team, but she is an incredible lady who did a ton for the sport of gymnastics.
Best wishes to your daughter as she embarks on this new adventure!

Thanks to everyone for your words of congratulations and support! Caileigh is starting to get a bit nervous - her usual state when starting anything new - but she is really looking forward to starting at Wilson. I'm just so proud of her, she has overcome so many obstacles to reach this point. She is an amazing young woman and I'm thrilled to be able to call her my daughter. :D

Made my day

This story made my day. What an inspiration. Congratulations to you and your girls.

My daughter, Jamy , is entering high school this fall but she is already thinking about college. She will be a level ten this year. I hope she finds a college near our home, as well.

I haven't been on chalkbucket for over a year. There's so much that I have been missing!

Tuduri(Julio Garcia)

Congrats to both of your daughters! I'm sure the entire team looks up to them! Mom, give yourself a pat on the back as well, you've raised 2 daughters who know how to persevere and succeed in life!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back