Parents DD got her mill circle!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mariposa

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
DD is chipping away at the skills she needs to compete this season. She got her mill circle today at the gym (she actually got it at home and I was worried it wouldn't translate to the regular bar, but it did) and since she did it 3 times in a row, she got to ring the gong. It is a thing they do at her gym, they have a big gong and when you get a skill, you ring it and the whole gym stops and watches you do the skill.

She got her standing BHS on floor 2 weeks ago and got to ring the gong then as well. And last week she got her ROBHS on the mat, no spot. She still needs her ROBHS on the floor, front hip circle and the beam dismount. She is pretty close to having the whole floor routine memorized, but that still needs lots of work as well. They have their first competition in September, but I have already tried to prepare her for possibly not being ready and she is okay with it.

:D

AWESOME!!! Tell her congrats and give her hugs from Georgia! Great work!!

That is wonderful !!! I remember when dd got her mill circle a few months ago. I wanted to buy everyone a round :D It seemed to have taken forever. Good luck on the rest of her L4 skills.

Way to go!! that is great!! and soo much fun when they get a new skill
(is there other names for the mill circle?) I think we call it something diff.

Congrats to Abby for getting her mill circle! That's awesome!:applause:

She says thanks!

It is also called the middle circle or stride circle. My DDs coaches call it either middle or mill, I heard stride here I think.

:D

Congrats to your dd!! That stride circle is tricky and it took forever for dd to get it. I always wondered what it was for until a college coach at lake Owen told me that it is to get girls used to going forward over the bar so that when they do more advanced skills they wont be as scared of going forward or over the bar. And it teaches them to shift their wrists so they learn to kip. Here I thought it was a useless skill that they never did ever again:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back