Parents DD got her pullover!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know it's minor, but I'm so excited for her. I have to admit I felt like she would never be able to do it on her own. It's strange because she was getting close awhile back and just needed a little help and then it has seemed to get worse for the past few weeks. She missed a few days because of vacation and then she just did it with no problem. The greatest thing about gymnastics for me as a parent is watching how excited she is getting something new. Her smile is priceless. She was so excited to tell her grandparents and cousin and of course they were like "Oh that's nice." Had to share it with someone who would understand.

Congratulations to your daughter!! That pullover takes a lot of strength and determination. She should be so proud, as should mommy!!

Can't wait to hear of more accomplishments!

Great job on the big girl skill. Milestones in gym are so special to us gym parents. She must be feeling very proud and VERY strong!

Congrats to dd!!! I'm sure she is very excited and you have reason to be also. Sometimes it just takes that little break(vacation for you) when they are so close to getting a skill. They come back all rested and excited and it just happens.

Oh man do I EVER understand!!!!:eek:We have been fighting that darn pullover for months with little DD and she just started getting it last week before we left on vacation for a week! It is soooooo not minor! Congratulations!!!!!!

My little DD just pops up there about half the time and the other half still looks like she's trying to throw herself over a mountain:eek:...but I expect consistency will come!

Good luck too DD...now she can be on to bigger and better things!:)

It's only "minor" AFTER they get it!! Tell her congrats and way to go!!!

My oldest took FOREVER to learn it. She could do her shoot through and stride circle before she got the silly pullover!!

Congradulation! I remember when dd was first trying to get "it". I thought it would never happen. I acutally consider it a pretty big skill. It's tougher than a back hip circle. :)

Yes DD is 4 years old.

I prepared her before practice today that it was okay if she couldn't do it today. With her backbend kickover she got it and then just expected she would never struggle with it again and boy was she upset when she couldn't get it every single time.

Much to my surprise she did it every turn today with no problem. It has been her hardest skill on bars thus far besides the mill circle (she looks like it will be centuries before she'll do that by herself).

I'm always telling her that she has to work hard and try her best in order to get something. My little smarty pants made sure to tell me that she got it without even practicing. I had to laugh at that one.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back