Parents DD has her kip... mostly!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Billy

She's been working on it by herself for months and I think she's finally pretty much got it. She did 10 of them at practice last night (including 4 in a row). She did 5 during regular practice and then asked the coach if she could try a few more when practice was over. She did five more then and got to show the HC one. Then we came home and she did one more for Daddy. 11 in one day should count as "having" it, right??? Of course, I'm not mentioning how many she tried and didn't make. I'm ignoring those. :D

Good for her! The Kip is a big accomplishment.

I like how you are afraid to say she "HAS" her kip. I am that way too. Just because you do something once does not mean you have it totally. I am sure she is well on her way to doing it consistantly!

I think you can safely say she's got it :D The kip is such a biggie on bars - congrats to her - that is awesome.

Yay to the kip. I agree, she has it now....she is officially a little kipper! She must be so proud of herself.

Now just send that kip fairy back up to Quebec please, little Baby Bog is beyond frustrated since hers came and went. I, of course, know this is just one of those skills!

kip...kip...hoooray!!!

That made me laugh LOL. That is awesome, I think she pretty much "has" it. My DD just got her kip, and she is in that stage where she can get it one day then not the next day. I hope those days are soon or else more tears for mom to deal with;)

Great job!

I will take the bar fairy as well. DD is also working on her kip. does not NEED it for some time, but still.......

Congrat's Shawn that is great news. Such a difficult skill for the girls. A big WOOO HOOO to your DD.

That made me laugh LOL. That is awesome, I think she pretty much "has" it. My DD just got her kip, and she is in that stage where she can get it one day then not the next day. I hope those days are soon or else more tears for mom to deal with;)

Great job!

Luckily my DD does not get upset by this. I had heard the kip was a come-and-go skill and explained that to her awhile ago. Now she just cheers when she gets it and tries again when she doesn't. Tell your DD she is doing just great and she'll get it all the time before she knows it.

Thanks! She did a couple more tonight and, believe it or not, she did a long hang kip, too. :D

wow that is amazing:) She isn't even a level 5:) gymnastics comes so easy to your little girl:) I am amazed at her;)

Ah, she only makes it look easy. She's been working on this on her own for several months now. The coaches aren't teaching her as it's a L5 skill but she's been determined to get it anyway.

This is a great skill for Skylar to be practicing now for sure.

It is also quite rare IMO for a 6 yr old to get her kip without a coach's spot/training. Good for her! :D

Thanks. She's very proud of herself, and, I think, rightfully so. She's worked hard and she's nothing if not determined. I've helped her the best I can but she's done it completely without any real coaching. I'm so proud of her. Can you tell? :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back