Parents DD having BIG issues with L5 & thinking about changing gyms - long post sorry.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just my opnion a 10 year old level 5 should not already be needing advanced medical care, tiger paws and a heavy duty ankle brace and should not be having leg problems. Others have given plenty of insight. I just think something is wrong with that picture. And yes bad equiptment and bad coaching do enhance the chances or chronic or acute injuries.

My daughter was the same level and age when she started to develop growth related and chronic injuries. I felt she was too young to develop these things but I was told it does not matter the level some kids just develop these problems while growing. I am not sure about the equipment in her gym but I know they are always updating it. They have a foam pit but no tumble track not sure about the floor. They do a lot of conditioning and practice average amount about 14 hours a week. She is the only 1 in her age/level who has problems at this point but she has been on team for 4 years since she was 7 a lot of girls joined when they were 9. Although she is on the small side she does have large feet so I am thinking she may turn out to be tall she also developed her molars at a young age. Not sure that has anything to do with it but I do not believe it has anything to do with the coaching and equipment. Her coaches actually told me get the wrist quards along with her ortho doctor and also the heel cups.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back