Parents DD just turned 8 years old!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Emma just had her 8th birthday. She is soooo excited to no longer have to sit in a booster seat!! Even though, at her size, she should probably still be in one. She was so cute and said that she was sure she was taller. A big thing for her, she is tired of always being the shortest. Mom is sad......my baby is EIGHT! Where has the time gone? I am not sure why eight has been so tough on mom. :confused:

Oh my do not tell my dd, she is 9 years old and she will stay in that booster seat until she is big enough to change. I am statistically terrified and therefore she will wait until her butt touches the back of the seat and her feet touch the floor at the same time.

She does have the urge to be a "big girl", but she has to grow a while yet.

Congrats on your girls making that big girls status, mine is sadly still a midget!!!

Happy Birthday to your daughter! My daughter turns eight in February and she starts talking about her Birthday the day after Christmas! It's so hard to figure out what to get her with the holidays so close, I can't imagine having a Birthday just a days after Christmas. Someone on my DD's team was 8 on the 28th. Her mom was talking about doing a 1/2 Birthday party for her & having a party in June, LOL

Happy Birthday to Emma!! That is so cute that she was sure she was taller. I am with Bog on the booster seat thing. Mine asks how old she has to be until she gets out of hers and I tell her that it isn't when she is a certain age, but a certain height. LOL. It gets hard when friends are out of theirs, especially since mine is still in a 5 pt harness seat (the Britax Regent) and her friends have told her that it is a baby seat. :(

Oh how the time flies. And they seem to push for it to fly and we want time to slow down. Hugs to you. It is hard to see them grow up so fast sometimes.

in the uk it goes on height (135cm) which is more sensible. My dd turned 8 in oct and I felt like i couldn't say she's only 8 whereas I used to say she is only 7 all the time. It is the wrench of motherhood isn't it

A great big
Happy Birthday

to the little 'big' girl!

Where does the time go???? It is so important to cherish every moment. Hope Em had a wonderful Birthday :D

Thanks All! I am not sure why saying my daughter is "8", sounds so much older then, "my daughter is "7". She is...and always will be...the baby. And yes, having a birthday three days after Christmas is horrible. We usually have her friends birthday party in January, but I love the half birthday idea! I am Freaked out about the car seat. I did tell her that on long trips she must ride in her booster. She was not thrilled, as she is the last of her buddies to still be in one. I even got her the pink camo cover for her booster....:D

HAPPY 8th BIRTHDAY EMMA! My dd will be 9 in March and I cannot believe that its been almost 9yrs and then I get really depressed when I realize that means I am 9yrs older also.

Happy Birthday Emma! That's funny about being taller :D

My DD is small too, she is now almost 8.5 and has no problems with being in a booster. My oldest who is a "giant" by gymnast standards was in a booster till she was past 10 yrs old! Even though she was taller for her age, she stayed in until she was 57" tall. Even though the US laws address age & weight, it IS height that makes a difference.

Thanks again all for the Happy Birthday wishes for Emma. We had a long talk about the carseat and I let her read the posts.....she was not thrilled with the advice!:) However, on the way home from our New Years dinner, she chose to get in her booster and buckle up. So, thanks again all. Your advice on boosters is as helpful as it is on gymnastics questions!!!!!:D

A belated Happy Birthday to Emma. Tell her my gymmie had to sit in a booster seat until she was about 8.5(you can make up any age that works for your argument). Hope she had a great day and has a wonderful year as an 8 yo.

You know they are no longer your "baby" when they hit double digits on age!

Happy Birthday to your daughter! My daughter turns eight in February and she starts talking about her Birthday the day after Christmas! It's so hard to figure out what to get her with the holidays so close, I can't imagine having a Birthday just a days after Christmas. Someone on my DD's team was 8 on the 28th. Her mom was talking about doing a 1/2 Birthday party for her & having a party in June, LOL

My dd turned 11 on Dec. 26th! Since my birthday is the beginning of January, I make sure everyone uses birthday wrapping paper, not Christmas! But now that she's getting older, she seems to mostly get money, which she enjoys because she has to pay the deposit for IGC!

Sorry we rained on her carseat parade. LOL.

For anyone who wonders, here is some good info on why to keep kids in booster seats, even when state law only requires till 5 year, or whatever.

Washington State Booster Seat Coalition - Why Use Booster Seats?

Here is the test to see if your child should STILL be in a booster seat.
Choosing A Booster Seat

Many parents are simply misinformed and don't realize the dangers of having a child in a regular seat belt. Spread the links! LOL.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back