Parents DD Talitha is changing clubs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Talitha has been at our towns club for 3 years now and she got in with wink, as the trainer says. Because I was asking for it, because she wanted it to so badly. As I said before she stayed weak for quite some time, also had something to do with her anger moods and attitude. But she loves gymnastics so much.

Then since almost one and a half year she has been training at another club too, 2 hours a week and she loves it there. There was never really a question about her moving or anything. But then a few months ago, I started thinking how the trainer approaches her. Still sort of like she is a problem child with her anger moods, she has improved a lot. She is never unkind to her, but different. A few girls got to go to the older/2nd group last year, younger than her, because they were doing so well, took medals home most competitions. But Talitha had to stay in the 1st group, mostly little ones. But we accepted it and just went on. But it started bugging me.

So I mailed the trainer at the other club and asked her opinion. How she saw Talitha, etc. And I explained a lot how Talitha is and all. Ended up being quite a long email. And because of a communication problem, it took 2 weeks for me to get an answer and she really was very positive about Talitha, but that she didn't see her as a problem child at all. Talitha is very negative about herself and doesn't have a lot of confidence. But they help her with that.

So basically on how the reply was, my dh and I talked about it and I talked to a few friends about it too. And we made the decision to take her out of the club in our town and take her completely to the club where she has been going once a week. The trainings are more intensive and 2 hours at a time. And it doesn't matter if you are 1st division or 6th division there, everyone is just as important. Everything is also better organized with sponsors. Training outfits, bags, etc.

So from next season on, she will train twice a week 2 hours in her other club and will do competitions for that region too. She is quite excited about it. She actually gets to do a competition in 2 weeks time for them. So 2 more competitions this season.

Hope it works out well for her--have you talked to her old gym yet and let them know about the move?

Oh I think that will be so good for "T". It really is amazing how much she has improved since you started taking her to this new gym.

Yep, I let her know via email, after the competition. She wasn't too happy, because it had been such a good day, with 9 girls competing that day and 7 winning a medal. But she understood. But thought she sometimes spend more time on Talitha, then on other girls and I don't agree with her on that. But I was like, there is no point going into discussion about that. And my contact with her is good, so I want to keep it that way.

Glad she found a good gym/fit for her. It really makes a huge difference when a girl clicks with her coaches. :) Good luck to her at her competition!

Good luck to your DD!!! Sounds like the new gym is a great fit for her! As for the old coach...glad you still have a good rapport. No use in burning bridges. Best wishes to "T" :)

Great to see you back posting on the CB again. T has really grown in her gymnastics skills over the last 6 months. Glad she is in a gym that will help her continue to progress!!

Thanks ladies. Sorry for the late reply again, but been quite busuy wth lots of things and could n't find the time. Will share about that one compeition in another post.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back