Parents DD1 finally got her giants!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

GymnasticsMom

It has been a loooong road for DD1's giants. She would get on top of the bar in a handstand then fall down or come down to front support. She did one and all her friends were screaming:D She is the first one to get them on her level 7 team:)

Wow! That is such a big skill. I always love watching the girls get that one, though it is scary. Less scary than dive rolls to watch though, eek. Anyway, tell her congrats! That is huge!

I am so excited for your DD. :applause:My DD competed level 7 all of last year without one and has been working on it for about 1 1/2 years. UGH! I am hoping by January she will have it. She does them but, they are not pretty and sometimes more than not she balks :(. Sorry for the ramble great job to your DD we are proud of her.:D

Wow! That is such a big skill. I always love watching the girls get that one, though it is scary. Less scary than dive rolls to watch though, eek. Anyway, tell her congrats! That is huge!

I totally feel you on the dive rolls. I just cringe watching my DD come crashing down after she 'dives' over the octagon mat they use to get them to really get up in the air.

Good for your DD, it sounds exciting! Must feel good to finally get something you've been working so hard on. I'm sure the teamates were cheering the loudest becasue they know how hard it is.

I have to agree with those dive rolls. I hate watching them...I call them the neck breakers! We stayed to watch our L5's yesterday on the FX and I was twitching in my seat the whole time. When they are done nice they do look good though.

Anyway, good luck to your DD this year in L7!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back