Parents Dd's 1st Level 8 Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks for the wonderful comments about dd.

Those gyms you listed are very tough, but at least the girls get an idea of what they will be up against at States. I find being in the South part of the State that the competition isn't nearly as competitive as the North, so when we head North we get a true sense of what we will be dealing with at States. Have you gone against North Stars or US Gym yet, those are other biggies...

WOW! What an awesome start for the season! Her bars was breathtaking. I also nearly had a heart attack watching the video & the fall on the beam...I hate watching beam, LOL

Loved her floor routine too! How much do you hate the vault in front of the parents. I guess once you get to L8 you know how to block it out? She's going to have a great season, thanks for sharing with us, we love watching her videos!

FYI, We were there on Sat for the 11am session. We were up against some serious gyms (HOH, Rebound, Paragon, Dynamo...those girsl were at states last year with 35's and 36's) so it was tough competition. Even the 6 yr olds were getting 36's AA! Our poor little 6 yr old (2nd meet only) didn't even place on vault with a 9.2. I am not even sure how we did yet as a team, I can't find the scores posted yet so who knows. My DD did so-so, still hanging onto the 34's for AA scores and placed around11th I think.

Our gym did this meet but only the 4's 6's and 7's competed so neither of my DD's were in it. However, seeing your DD's scores and video, my oldest was GLAD she wasn't competing. She came up behind me and said THIS GIRL IS A LEVEL 8???? What age is she? I told her and she said I'M GOING TO BE COMPETING AGAINST HER?????

All I have to say is, I am so impressed with your dd's skills and form.

I have to agree about the "serious" gyms, lol. We compete against HOH, Rebound, US Gym and North Stars all the time. Also, ENA Paramus. My youngest has been with Rising Stars which was 3 little girls her age coached by one coach. They were awesome, and Little Monkey could never touch their scores, however, they have all moved up to Level 6 and 7 now, LOL.

To answer your questions from the other thread - my DDs' first meet will be Jan 11th. Big DD is getting her new floor routine on Dec 8th.

WOW you have a very talented dd!That was great that you got her expression after they showed the score.Those bars did rock .Loved the videos she is going to have a great season.

Thanks for the lovely compliments. I am sure our dd's will meet up at Sectionals or States.

I forgot ENA Paramus, very good gym too. Dd is at Will-Moor, so if you ever go to a meet and our gym's there, most likely so are we!

Good luck to older dd, floor routine is 1 week away and 1/11 will be here before you know it! ;)

Our gym did this meet but only the 4's 6's and 7's competed so neither of my DD's were in it. However, seeing your DD's scores and video, my oldest was GLAD she wasn't competing. She came up behind me and said THIS GIRL IS A LEVEL 8???? What age is she? I told her and she said I'M GOING TO BE COMPETING AGAINST HER?????

All I have to say is, I am so impressed with your dd's skills and form.

I have to agree about the "serious" gyms, lol. We compete against HOH, Rebound, US Gym and North Stars all the time. Also, ENA Paramus. My youngest has been with Rising Stars which was 3 little girls her age coached by one coach. They were awesome, and Little Monkey could never touch their scores, however, they have all moved up to Level 6 and 7 now, LOL.

To answer your questions from the other thread - my DDs' first meet will be Jan 11th. Big DD is getting her new floor routine on Dec 8th.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back