Parents DD's 2nd L4 Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2Gymgirls

Proud Parent
After having read a lot of meet reports on here, I thought I would share a report on my DD's 2nd L4 meet. It went a lot better this time around, and I was so proud of her, so I can't help sharing! :D

Vault - 9.25 - tied for 3rd place

Bars - I thought her routine looked better than the first meet, but she scored lower. 7.425 and no medal. She made all of the skills, but she has trouble with the leg cut back and then she her rear end sags on the dismount. Plus when she casts out of the front hip she loses control a little when she comes back to the bar, and it almost looks like she does an extra leg swing before the shoot through.

Beam - This one was great. At her first meet she fell on the leap and missed both tries on the dismount and had lots of wobbles and got a 5.675. This time she didn't fall at all, and she scored 8.3 and earned a medal. I don't remember what place though.

Floor - This was very good until the end of the routine. Her rebound out of the back handspring was so high that she lost her balance when she landed. She couldn't stick it and ended up taking a couple steps back. The music finished before she could complete the final step back and ending pose. However, she went ahead and finished everything up nicely without the music. She scored 8.825 and I'm not sure again what place. Maybe 7th.

AA - 33.8 and 9th place out of 23 ages 6-7. She scored a 30.325 at her first meet, so we were so proud of her, and she was so excited that she didn't fall off the beam. I had to crack up though. The seating was very close to beam and floor, and I was sitting by the floor area. When they came to warm-up on floor, DD looks over at me from the floor, and says, "I didn't fall off the beam!". I gave her a big thumbs up. I think that alone made her day.

Her next meet isn't until mid-January.

She improved a lot from her first meet! Yay for her! Glad she had fun and that she stayed on that beam! I bet she will improve even more in January!

Thanks for sharing her GREAT scores! She really improved & she has the right attitude! Way to go! She rocked the vault!!!:vault: And stayed on the :beam:beam!!!!Keep up the good work!:D

WOW! Great improvement with the scores! It took my DD all last season to get from a 28 to a 33, LOL

I'm with you, I give up trying to score things. Whenever I think DD did good, it's a low score ....and when I don't think she did well it's a good score. I could never be a judge and watch the same routines over and over 40-60 times...I would go bonkers.

Thanks for all the kind words from eveyone. DD was so excited afterwards. We can't wait until her next meet. Although that one might be a little rough after having about 2 weeks off for Christmas vacation. The gym is closed from the 24th through January 4th. At least they will have 2 full weeks once they come back before the next meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back