DD's 3rd meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

clrmom

Proud Parent
DD had her 3rd meet this weekend (L3). She had her highest all-around score so far this season. Her biggest excitement was that she did her mill circle without a spot. It wasn't the prettiest mill circle but it was her first time getting up and not falling back which made her happy. :)

Her other 1st was getting her beam dismount in a competition (cartwheel to handstand quarter turn dismount). Altogether she had a great meet for her. She received a medal for her beam routine (6th place) and one for her all-around (6th place). It was great seeing her make so many improvements.

One positive thing that I like about our gym is how much every parent cheers for each girl on the team. We all know what each girl has struggled with and everyone gets excited if they accomplish a goal. It has really become a good group of both girls and parents over the past two years and that makes me happy :)

WTG to your DD. Sounds like she had a great meet. Esp. getting that mill circle by herself.

Sounds like a great meet! I love reading the meet reports while I am waiting for my ds's (6) first ever meet (L4) in a few weeks.

DD had her 3rd meet this weekend (L3). She had her highest all-around score so far this season. Her biggest excitement was that she did her mill circle without a spot. It wasn't the prettiest mill circle but it was her first time getting up and not falling back which made her happy. :)

Her other 1st was getting her beam dismount in a competition (cartwheel to handstand quarter turn dismount). Altogether she had a great meet for her. She received a medal for her beam routine (6th place) and one for her all-around (6th place). It was great seeing her make so many improvements.

One positive thing that I like about our gym is how much every parent cheers for each girl on the team. We all know what each girl has struggled with and everyone gets excited if they accomplish a goal. It has really become a good group of both girls and parents over the past two years and that makes me happy :)

Congrats to your dd!! Sounds like she had a great meet. I put in bold part of you OP b/c I love it! Having a great group of girls on her level and a great group of parents that cheer for each girl is fabulous. We have that on my dd's level as well. We've been sitting together and cheering for each others kids for 4yrs now. I love our group of parents :). Makes the meets so much more fun when you enjoy hanging out with each other ;).

Great meet! Congrats to your dd. We get the whole evil mill circle thing, for sure! Even kids that get it in practice regularily have been known to fall on it at a meet...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back