DD's first Level 5 meet Saturday

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Saturday is my dd's first level 5 meet. This is a great first meet as it is small and so much fun for the kiddos. They give tropheys out for the top ten positions! Any advice to give her on how to stay on that darn beam with her cartwheel would be greatly appreciated!:) Also, any other spare good luck fairies, please send them our way early on Saturday! Good luck to everyone else who is competing!

Sending the good luck fairy and the stay on the beam fairy your way !!

I have heard that telling them to stay on the beam rather than not to fall off changes their focus to staying on rather than falling off. Can't tell you if it works or not. I have not tried it. the only advice I give my gymmie is to have fun. I leave the rest up to the coach and the fairies :D

ood luck for her first meet. Hope she has fun.

I'd love to go to a meer where there are trophies to 10th place, we only get medals to 3rd place, the other 30 girls get to sit and watch!:eek::(:p

Sending the good luck fairy and the stay on the beam fairy your way !!

I have heard that telling them to stay on the beam rather than not to fall off changes their focus to staying on rather than falling off. Can't tell you if it works or not. I have not tried it. the only advice I give my gymmie is to have fun. I leave the rest up to the coach and the fairies :D

Thanks! She does have great coaches so I am sure they have told her what she needs to know. I just wish there was some magie pixie dust we could sprinkle on them. She knows that it is ok to fall off. Just smile big and get back on! Thanks for the advice and good wishes!!!

ood luck for her first meet. Hope she has fun.

I'd love to go to a meer where there are trophies to 10th place, we only get medals to 3rd place, the other 30 girls get to sit and watch!:eek::(:p

It is a great meet. They have a whole Halloween theme going on and it is fun and very positive for the girls. This is the only meet we attend that goes out that far with the tropheys! It is fun! Thanks!

Good luck to your dd! Sounds like a fun meet. Hope you BOTH enjoy yourselves! :p

That does sound like a great experience for her first level 5 meet - good luck to her - I hope she does great :)

We have given my DD "special" water, it's called the "extra sticky feet" beam water, wink wink!;) I think she knows that there isnt such a thing, but it makes her at ease before the meet! Good Luck this weekend.

We have given my DD "special" water, it's called the "extra sticky feet" beam water, wink wink!;) I think she knows that there isnt such a thing, but it makes her at ease before the meet! Good Luck this weekend.

loving that !! very creative

Too cute! I will see if that one works! She can do cartwheels left and right when not intrigated into her routine. However, once she is doing the routine, she can't seem to stay on! I'll let you know if it works!

Good luck to her!! I will send the fairies your way for Saturday if you send them back to DD on Sunday for her first level 4 meet! :D Sticky cartwheel wishes to her.

Good luck to her!! I will send the fairies your way for Saturday if you send them back to DD on Sunday for her first level 4 meet! :D Sticky cartwheel wishes to her.

Ha! Sure will! Thank you! How is the beam routine coming along? Good luck to you and I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!!!:)

Good luck to your dd!!! Sounds like a lot of kids have their first meets on Saturday!! Mine has thier mock meet Sat as well. I will be thinking of your little one and sending good luck wishes to her!!!!!!!

Ha! Sure will! Thank you! How is the beam routine coming along? Good luck to you and I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!!!:)

You are so sweet for remembering. It is looking pretty good. She had a private with her old coach (from devo class) and she helped her clean it up quite a bit and helped her with the little details. I am not expecting anything out of the meet except hoping she will have a blast (it is Halloween themed, yay!) and get the idea of what meets are really like when you aren't watching. If she gets a 28AA I will be thrilled. LOL.

I hope Emma can get that cartwheel to stick. That is a tricky skill on beam.

Good luck to your dd!!! Sounds like a lot of kids have their first meets on Saturday!! Mine has thier mock meet Sat as well. I will be thinking of your little one and sending good luck wishes to her!!!!!!!

Thank you. Good luck to you too! Emma is bathed and ready for me to remove all her nail polish. It will be an early morning for us so we are going to bed early. I think the only jitters in this house are poor moms!!! Good luck to your little one! We are hoping to hear alot of really great reports next time we sign on!!!:)

You are so sweet for remembering. It is looking pretty good. She had a private with her old coach (from devo class) and she helped her clean it up quite a bit and helped her with the little details. I am not expecting anything out of the meet except hoping she will have a blast (it is Halloween themed, yay!) and get the idea of what meets are really like when you aren't watching. If she gets a 28AA I will be thrilled. LOL.

I hope Emma can get that cartwheel to stick. That is a tricky skill on beam.

Sounds like things are going well. I told Emma the same thing about this meet. Have fun. It is also a Halloween themed event. She is excited. I have the butterflies. I told her I bought the sticky feet water.....she is not falling for it, but I am giving it a try! Good luck on Sunday!!!!

Thanks to all for the good luck wishes and fairies! DD had a great first level 5 meet. Scores were low and a lot more kids came then last year but she managed to hang in there with the big girls and placed 8th AA with a 34.15. The best thing about the whole day was......she did a BEAUTIFUL cartwheel and stayed on the beam! It was georgeous!

Scores 7.9 vault Mom thought it was pretty!
8.75 bars 4th place
8.4 beam 8th place
9.10 floor 6th place

All in all a great day. Scores way lower then we are used to from level 4 but we were told to expect that. She had so much fun and we did the sticky feet water. She swears it works and wants it every time now!Ha

Thank you all so much!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back