Parents DD's Level 8 State Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm so sorry your dd got hurt and didn't have the meet that she wanted to, but at the same time, I'm glad her injury wasn't anything serious. I can't imagine what you went through when she first got hurt though and having to just stand there watching. She did really well AA though considering the falls. It's too bad your state only takes the top 6. I'm pretty sure that here you only need a 34.5 to qualify for L8 regionals.

Thanks for the kind words. After hearing from several people about only needing 34s and such for their dd's Regionals, I am almost considering put my house up for sale, but the market is not a seller's market, so I might have to wait! :laughing: Just kidding!

Well, she is definitely on the mend. She hasn't vaulted since states and late last week she did a BHS on beam, so I think she is coming around. She is really working hard on bars. Coach has her working clear hip HS, giant, clear hip HS, giant, clear hip HS, giant all continuous and will also throw some pirouettes in there too. She looks really good on bars. I see her do her L8 routine with perfection and just think to myself what could have been - oh well. I need to get over that, let me add I never say that to dd, just keep it in my head and try to be upbeat to her. She's 12, we got plenty of Regionals and hopefully beyond in the yrs to come! :D

I'm so sorry your dd got hurt and didn't have the meet that she wanted to, but at the same time, I'm glad her injury wasn't anything serious. I can't imagine what you went through when she first got hurt though and having to just stand there watching. She did really well AA though considering the falls. It's too bad your state only takes the top 6. I'm pretty sure that here you only need a 34.5 to qualify for L8 regionals.

Wow! She did fantastic--what did she have to do to make it to Regionals?? Here they just need a 34 AA to qualify.

Hi Granny-

Wow, haven't been posting for ages.

Anyway, so so so proud of your DD. I'm sorry about the vault, must have really taken her confidence level down. Amazing bar score even with the fall! How if her ankle now? Still on crutches? Also, any vid to come?;):p My girls love to see your dd on youtube. They say she is amazing!

Thanks for asking, she is off of the crutches and is about 90% while in the gym. She is tumbling on tumbletrak, beam I just saw her do BHS BHS series yesterday, 2 footed BHS, but no BTs yet (too much of a pound.) As for vault, she said she has started doing the RO straight jump onto vault and actually did 1 timer yesterday (this was her 1st time back at vault since States.)

As for video, I did video, but I haven't even watched it yet, the camera just sits in my bag since States. I am still not 100% sure if I am going to post it or not. I mean, there's a fall on bars, the beam routine is so stripped down, floor I had someone in my way sort of. Vault she has the fall, but I can say it was probably one of her best vaults, if she had landed it, wow, it would have been a great one for her! ;) I'm still undecided what I am going to do with it.

Hi Granny-

Wow, haven't been posting for ages.

Anyway, so so so proud of your DD. I'm sorry about the vault, must have really taken her confidence level down. Amazing bar score even with the fall! How if her ankle now? Still on crutches? Also, any vid to come?;):p My girls love to see your dd on youtube. They say she is amazing!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back