Parents DD's student blog re: gymnastics - looking for sources

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CLgym

Proud Parent
My DD (12 yo) is required to start a student blog for her ELA (Language Arts) class. Not surprisingly, she selected the overall topic of gymnastics. Specifically, she wants to do a couple of entries re: the impact of COVID. She has found plenty of info/articles related to elite gymnasts and the Olympic games. She also plans to use personal experience to do a blog entry re virtual meets (her first virtual meet is this weekend). However, she is struggling to find articles or information related to the impact that COVID has had on the training of "regular" (non-elite/Olympic) gymnasts, both physically and mentally. If you have seen any articles or information on this topic, I would greatly appreciate your posting below. Thanks and TGIF!

As a teacher, I love that she can include her passion in school work. Does the assignment allow for interviewing gymnasts or gym owners on the impact their gyms have felt? I know several gyms have closed. Remi and ? Fusillero (?) made a gofundme page to try to save their gym and Gymnastics World and other's on Facebook have documented gyms closing. Financial impact on gyms ties into larger economy (which much information can be found on right now with so many small businesses shutting down) and without gyms to go back to, there are gymnasts left without the option to train (will they quit? Find another gym? Look for a new passion?) Maybe these are some routes she could explore. Good luck to her!

this site has had many articles. there is a COVID link to all articles relating. I remembered this one In particular.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back