Deaf gymnast (awesome videos)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

bribri514

here are some youtube videos of Aimee Walker Pond, an elite and NCAA gymnast who happens to be Deaf. i don't usually like to focus on Deafness so much, but i shared these videos with some other CB friends and they told me to post them here and that they were really inspiring. enjoy!

YouTube - BYU Gymnast competes while deaf and blind in one eye
a clip of Aimee and her BYU team

YouTube - Deaf gymnast Aimee Walker Pond
an interview of aimee from Gallaudet (the Deaf university in DC)

I met Aimee when i was 10 and she really is one of the nicest, coolest, most incredible people. oh and a great gymnast to boot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very inspiring. Thanks for posting Bribri. I think it is wonderful that her mother supported her and found her a new gym. She is a terrific role model.

Great story. My dd used to have a girl on her gymnastics team L6 who was blind in one eye. It was amazing what she was capable of doing. She was a very strong tumbler, but developed a fear of going backwards on the beam (not that I could blame her). She ended up leaving the sport, but is now doing competitive cheer and from what I know is excelling. At least she is still getting to do her tumbling.

Good luck with your adventureous journey!! :D

Amiee is not only deaf, but she is blind in one eye as well. I have always found it amazing at how well she did in gymnastics.

I met her at a gymnastics camp this summer. She was pretty good. I've always wondered how a gymnast would know when to start on floor if she was deaf.

Last edited:
I met her at a gymnastics camp this summer. She was pretty good. I've always wondered how a gymnast would know when to start on floor if she was deaf.

Floor is def. my fav. event. To start I a get a visual cue (usually my coach raising his arm) when the music starts and go from there.

Great vids, and very inspiring. I always enjoy seeing how some people overcome obstacles in life. So the more power to Aimee. And bribri too :)

Amazing story!!! She's very inspiring and very fun to watch! I like how she always seemed so positive! She's truly amazing! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back