WAG Deduction for coach on floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Coley

Proud Parent
Hello

My daughter is competing level 4 this season and recently has started only doing her double back handspring with a coach on the floor near her. In level 4 what is the deduction if a coach comes onto the floor but doesn’t touch you?

FWIW her double bhs is beautiful but she has a block lately so we aren’t pressuring her, just trying to give her time to get back to it.

Thanks!

No deduction.
However, double check with the gym to make sure that they are ok with it. My DD2 has a friend and another gym and they would not put a coach on the floor when she was struggling for a little confidence boost. Their solution was to make them pay for privates instead, which IMO is totally wrong. This particular gym advertises itself as an ‘elite’ gym and won’t allow a spotter or a sing mat (also not a deduction) at competitions.

No deduction.
However, double check with the gym to make sure that they are ok with it. My DD2 has a friend and another gym and they would not put a coach on the floor when she was struggling for a little confidence boost. Their solution was to make them pay for privates instead, which IMO is totally wrong. This particular gym advertises itself as an ‘elite’ gym and won’t allow a spotter or a sing mat (also not a deduction) at competitions.
That’s unfortunate for her

My daughter is very lucky to have a super supportive coach who knows that it will come back with time and is happy to go on the floor if that’s what she needs.

Assuming the rules haven't changed since last I checked, there is no deduction for this at level 5 and below, and there is a deduction at level 7 and above.

I don't know which way it goes at level 6.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back