Deduction for not connecting on floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for all the answers and patience with me.

If my dd is blocking on the connection from RO to flip flop and pauses in between, what is the deduction she will have to take on floor?

I am not sure the exact deduction but she would not get credit for doing the skill at all, which may be .8 but I am not sure.

She may be better off doing it with a spot which I believe is .5 if the coach actually touches her during the skill. If coach is just on the floor and does not touch her there is not a deduction - if I understand correctly.

I should probably be quiet and let someone who knows for sure answer :p

No, she would get credit for the RO BHS, but she would get a .3 deduction for stopping between skills. If the coach spots, she would lose .5 for the spot, plus the full value of the element. In other words, spotting would incur a MUCH greater deduction than a stop.

Okay, dumb question, on floor is .3 a big deduction in the entire "picture?"

Basically you could look at her floor routine as starting from a 9.7 while the others who have all the skills start at a 10.0. Whether or not its a big deduction depends on how the rest of the routine is done. Bottom line is you never want to give away points---the judges will find enough areas to "ding" on without the gymnast balking or needing help with a skill.

Check out headgames.ws it is a great site for arcticles about mental block and stuff.

It has coach articles as well as gymnast ones.

i also agree judges take enough away you don't want to give them any room to take more if you can help it. Good luck tnext season is a long ways off so she has time to work things out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back